Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS BS600

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASS BS600
    Posted: 26 November 2021 at 11:47pm
Hi guys,

Have some unloaded BS600 in our possession, would it be an insult to the beautiful design to put Oberton xb1300 in them? Already have them here and I know they have been compared to pd1850 in the past so hoping they would fair well. 

Kind Regards
EscapeAudio 
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 3:28pm
Also have celestion ftr 1000s but imagine they would do worse than the oberton??
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 5:47pm
How about loading one box with the Oberton, and the other box with the Celestion and compare them?
BANG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 10:43am
RCF L18P400
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BANG BANG wrote:

RCF L18P400

That’ll leave less of a dent in the wallet than the PDs could be a good shout thanks
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

How about loading one box with the Oberton, and the other box with the Celestion and compare them?

The oberton or the celestion might sound really good in there but my worry is that could be short term and they might not last in a folded horn. 

Edited by Esc4pe - 29 November 2021 at 6:49pm
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 7:06pm
Out of interest what was the original driver for these cabinets? 
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

Out of interest what was the original driver for these cabinets? 

I’m led to believe pd1850 and an old b&c driver I don’t know the model of, only going off what I’ve been told though mind. Hoping someone who knows a thing or two about them pops up! Would love to get them in action again!
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 10:39pm
Ask Tony Rossell. He designed and built the boxes. Tony owned A.S.S. He is on Facebook. 

Edited by Pinyorouk - 29 November 2021 at 10:39pm
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 2:36am
Definitely PD1850s originally.
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

Ask Tony Rossell. He designed and built the boxes. Tony owned A.S.S. He is on Facebook. 

I’m aware and he used to use this forum. Unfortunately I’m not able to get logged into Facebook but I’ll try get someone to ping him a message through there! 

If I can’t get anyone who has had in field prolonged use of these cabinets with other drivers I will just play safe and fork out for PDs but trying to avoid it as there’s 8 here to load and this is one project of many ongoing! Although I am tempted to sell up my scoop setup to use this as the main rig going forward as my need for 30hz was a lot less than I thought when initially getting started
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 7:09pm
Tony initially used Fane drivers in both bs cabs then switched to pd 1550 and 1850s  they are fantastic cabs when loaded with good modern drivers, in my opinion the pd drivers are now very old tech, b&c beyma and others offer much better drivers for these cabs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>