Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS MT502 Replacement 2" comp drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronxmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASS MT502 Replacement 2" comp drivers
    Posted: 09 March 2023 at 7:39pm
Hey,

Im looking at replacing the comp drivers in my MT502s and looking for some advice. Not sure if i should either get something that will deal with only the midrange nicely and lowpass them with the bullets taking care of 6k up or just get something that will do the full spectrum with the bullets working in tandem.

Looking for something modern with a fair amount of welly but at the same time will pair well with the horns of the 502s. A few ive been looking at are BMS 4591, 18 Sound ND2080, B&C DE950, Beyma CP-750Ti(or nd).

Any help would be amazing!

G
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 10:47am
are the jbls dead? , running the jbls from 1.8 up and then the bullets from 5.5 them cabs sound amazing in the top end ?do need the bullets tho them comps after 12khz are usless i still use jbl 2446s but bullets are needed for 99% of the time unless its just some small thing etc 

Edited by paulus - 10 March 2023 at 10:48am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 4:17pm
Ii have some near mint 2425J (I think I'll check model again) that I'd let got at a very reasonable price if you do go JBL 
 Post Reply Post Reply