Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Austin Armstrong Amps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Austin Armstrong Amps
    Posted: 10 January 2019 at 5:58pm
My friend has bought a large ASS sound system that came with 3 four channel Austin Armstrong Q3000  amps.

Not much online about these, they are old heavy weights 4U high and have a dual power supply.

He is looking for RMS ratings for these - Can anyone help?

Also any general info and comments/history would be great.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 6:42pm
I had a AA Quad amp kicking about, 2000 ish IIRC, so about 4x 500W per channel at 4Ohm. Kind of implies what your Q3000 might do.

Had a nasty habit of setting fire to a small daughter board off the main channel PCB, and then AA disappeared.

I did find a website a few years later who claimed to be something born out of the old - http://www.verus-audio.co.uk/index.htm Don't know if still current, but might be worth a punt to say hello to them.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 8:49pm
From memory the Q3000 was 750 per channel into 4 ohms, there was also a Q2000 (as above) and a Q1000.
Tony used these amps on his systems for a while, they were designed by Richard Collins I believe the later variants were renamed Monitec. speak to member Monitec (richard on here he's a member)

Edited by colint - 10 January 2019 at 8:50pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:39pm
Many thanks for your replies
 SP never fails for that! Monitec has serviced our amps in the past I believe :)
Monitech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 3:25pm
if they are the amp's from Wales, with an ASS concert rig
The 3k in red =1000 w into 2 ohm
The 3k in blue =500 w into 2 ohm
The 3k in white 750 w into 4 ohm

phoenix out of the ashes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic