Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awful noise from my EV P3000RL, RCM-24 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquidblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awful noise from my EV P3000RL, RCM-24 problem
    Posted: 24 November 2018 at 12:08pm
The amp was getting warmed up for a gig a while back, when after about an hour or so of play it stopped reproducing the signal and emitted this awful distorted scratchy fuzzing noise. It was driving two G subs loaded with PD186s wired at 4ohms per side.

I believe something is wrong with the RCM 24 remote control module, as when I disconnect the module (two ribbon cables) and fire the amp up the problem is not reproduced. It does this whether it is receiving a signal or not. There are two red LED's on the bottom board of the RCM 24 module labelled D17 and D16. When I power it up one of the LED's (D17) flickers rapidly and the other is solid red. I'm not sure if that is relevant, but the more info the better.

Please, any help or trouble shooting steps welcome.
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 12:38pm
The chap you want is Neville Ward from Zenworks in Taunton.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 10:04pm
sounds like it was playing dubstep!
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 12:17pm
if you set the RCM module to 0-0 it will bypass the DSP.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
liquidblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquidblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 12:10pm
Do you mean on the CAN BUS address? Its always been set to 0-0...
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 12:58pm
Agh fair enough.

Just out of interest, do you use the RL's without using the internal DSP? 
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
liquidblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquidblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:38pm
Erm... if I am honest, I've never plugged it into a computer. I've realised now that I should probably take a look at how its configured. Just waiting on a cable to arrive!
 Post Reply Post Reply