Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baby's First Rig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 3:55pm
Has the guy on the couch passed out and been drawn on or is that a really bad moustache 
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 6:53pm
how do we put pics up found some old skool pics and probably mykey first solo build box  lol
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 6:35am
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Has the guy on the couch passed out and been drawn on or is that a really bad moustache 

really bad moustache
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 2:21pm
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 11:24am
Good thread

My first rig :) 
ok the black and white in the 1st pic makes it look a lot older but that was taken summer 2002 or 2003 i think

Edited by xlogic - 19 December 2006 at 11:25am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 11:57am

Hey yes Xlogic,that black and white photo could have come right out of the 1970`s! looking good!

Be seeing you.
DJ Coupé View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Coupé Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by gingerbiscuit69 gingerbiscuit69 wrote:

amprack...

the speakers on top (that was my bedroom setup when i was 12!!)

nice marzocchi sticker gingerbiscuit.

im working on my first build at the moment. Its looking like 4 18" fane folded horn bins (or maybe cerwn bins dunno yet) 4 bill fitzmaurice tuba 30s (must remember to order the plans) loaded with jbl 2206 and im still pondering over mid and high. any suggestions

Edited by DJ Coupé - 19 December 2006 at 12:06pm
major_gloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by james folkes james folkes wrote:

still cooking today...

james.

ha! james , i acquired one of those amps the other day , my mate dug it out of a skip! theres nothing much wrong with it other than a bit of a crackle when turning up the gains. (anyone know a good cure for this by the way?)

the only difference i can see between yours and mine are the MM logo on the front is slightly different and mine has xlr inputs rather than jacks.

i dont know anything about these amps , it doesnt even say the wattage on mine.

can you give me any info on them ? age , spec etc ... googles being no help.

ta
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 5:13pm
try some switch clearner in the pots then twizzle them round a bit .... its all the crap thats got in there in the past few years!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 5:17pm
MM AP360...specs....2 x 180w into 8 ohms.2 x 240w into 4 ohms.age...they were made from 1977 up to about 1982.built in Royston Herts.
Be seeing you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

built in Royston Herts.

is that royston vasey?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

MM AP360...specs....2 x 180w into 8 ohms.2 x 240w into 4 ohms.age...they were made from 1977 up to about 1982.built in Royston Herts.

nice one for the info by the way . do people rate these out of interest? it certainly seems quiet well built as most british built audio stuff of this era ive come across seems to be.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>