Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Sound systems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budgetmounts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Sound systems
    Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:12pm
Hi over the last 20 years i've DJ'ed at great venues and some really bad ones and I think its now time name and shame the venues with really bad sound systems and busted light rigs.
The most common problem i find is no tweeters working or systems set up when the venue was empty so when you more the 20 on the dance floor you can hear a thing.
Currently I have my 1k system in one venue when the sound system has the music by the bar louder than the dance floorWacko and the company will not pay for it the by adjusted as its controlled by a sound web with no end user access Confused. Another venue I DJ at has a nice light rig but none of it works from some blown bulbs to a complete power fail on one part of the rig (There are 6 moving heads). the cost to call out the contractor to fix the lights is £2000!!!!! for that price they could put up some LED effects with an on and off switch.
Its time to shame these venues, do you know any venues that we can all laugh at and maybe get a list of the 10 worst systems

Craig Heley DJ of 20+ years,Love sound systems and web site owner http:www.budgetmounts.co.uk
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:18pm

I'd say create a nice easy way for these poor venues to hire extra kit to cover all their expensive broken stuff...

colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:18pm
I feel a law suite for slander coming! LOL
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by budgetmounts budgetmounts wrote:

Hi over the last 20 years i've DJ'ed at great venues and some really bad ones and I think its now time name and shame the venues with really bad sound systems and busted light rigs.
The most common problem i find is no tweeters working 

LOL
F.T.S.S.
budgetmounts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budgetmounts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:45pm
It would be great to hire stuff to them but the people sat in head offices of these venues say no
Craig Heley DJ of 20+ years,Love sound systems and web site owner http:www.budgetmounts.co.uk
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:04am
venue i work in has a really nice nexo alfa e system thats in buts, run of 3 crest cc4000's 

used to sound great but the fact that its too small so such a massive room has recked it .

its made up of 4 of the 18's and 4 of the 10'' midtops .

my job is lighting so dont go near the system as i wouldnt get payed for it and have enough
trouble gettin the cash im owed. 

its a 3 storie room that holds 850 people, no idea how that little nexo holds out. 

i love the place and love working there, just wish they would pull it out and short 
out some good sound as the place needs it. 

they asked me to source some extra low end a while back , said there was cash waiting, i got a memeber of this board to drive millions of hours to my town for a test run, i was 100% that they would be impressed with what he was bringing and the deal would be done. on the night of trail they said yes yes yes yes. next morning couldnt get ahold of any of the managment and when they did finaly answer they said to tell him to come back . Angry

it wasn't that they weren't impressed just they dont want to fork out. i have to near beg for replacement lamps for the ypocs and the venue hasn't had a smoker/hayzer in a year, i have to get the lend of one from a mate. 

i know times are tight but they spend money in the wrong places. i wont go into detail as i think it would make some people sick on here LOL

anyways............. 
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:41am
up their noses probably.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:55am
Put me in touch with these venues?
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Smiter Smiter wrote:

I'd say create a nice easy way for these poor venues to hire extra kit to cover all their expensive broken stuff...

had to do this a few times, once was a place called Top Hats in Basildon, ASS  kit, the promoter got me in, the owner was Egyptian I believe, nice guy, thought my kit was TURBO SOUND lol 

the other time was ASS again, in a huge place in Kings Cross, Bagleys

Top Hats ASS was run off 3G amplifiers, very good in their day, and would still be good today

gone up against Turbo a few times and had the engineers scratching their heads under their baseball caps

Edit: just seen the titleEmbarrassed not saying ASS is bad by BTW

forgot one, Opus in a club in Shefield called Area 51

Edited by mykey- - 07 January 2011 at 9:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply