Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

baffle cutout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: baffle cutout
    Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:26am
My driver's manual says the sizes of the baffle cutout diameter, but there are two of them- front loaded and rear loaded configs so I need to know which one i need to look at for the hd15???
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:32am
Measure (the diameter of) your cone, that's the size for your baffle cutout.

Edited by djyves - 13 April 2010 at 10:32am
"If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough!"
sm00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 3:26pm
ok thank you. but still want to know the hd 15's woofer placement is it considered front mount or rear mount(loaded)?
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:37pm
It is a front loaded horn (the horn is on the front of the driver as opposed to a "scoop" where the horn is on the rear of the driver), but the driver is mounted on the rear of the baffle. so you need the rear mounted diameter.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:51pm
see here

http://forum.speakerplans.com/front-rear-loaded_topic11125_post102178.html?KW=#102178

p.s. I edited my post back then as I'd got the wrong end of the stick tooEmbarrassed
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 8:16am
this is what i meant:

and mount the driver like this:

djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 2:02pm
It is a frontloaded horn, the speaker is rearmounted (as in the picture above). 
 Post Reply Post Reply