Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barricuda Pre Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 12:59pm
Can u take off the plastic coating so i can see whats on the front of the barricda??
Thought that the top two on the left were to echo the music as it says on the diagram i found mate??
Thanks for all ur help boys one love
cuttinraza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 1:18pm
Ive serviced it by cleaning the pots an spraying the board with cleaner.
I need to replace the main volume pot which im guna do. It dont seem to complicated. Sometimes it makes a continuous crackling sound the tubbys one but dissapears after its warmed up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 1:49pm
Man that is awesome cant quite read the front tho as of the reflection. please could u take again so i can see the right hand side! Bless
streekz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streekz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 2:03pm

sorry better image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 2:20pm
legend. Bless up mate!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 3:16pm
What are these worth mate?   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

Does it all work correctly?? And how much did you pay?

What are these worth mate??
streekz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streekz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 5:25pm
im not sure of prices as our barracuda was bought directly from barry around the 90s as far as im aware
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 7:54pm
very nice!

i operated one for tradition hifi, found the tops a little hard to tame, but absolutely loved the hi/low bass. love the Tubby's too.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
streekz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streekz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 10:31pm
yeah the tops section is a art to get used to
and tbh i still am really getting used to it

We also use a tubbys EN4 which is another different beast again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 9:33am
Originally posted by streekz streekz wrote:

sorry better image

Mate when u look at the back of my barricuda matey was using the bottom right input which is a deck line by looking at the back of urs. I presume that i can use any for the input signal coming from mixer??
The two parameters on the left top middle on the diagram i have says that it echos out the musik??
Ur diagram says different?? Guna set it up later an have a twiddle to work out wat is going on im sure ill be back in contact. Jah
Thanks

Edited by cuttinraza - 24 July 2016 at 10:36am
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 1:41pm
What are these worth? Well I know a very lucky person who got a silver barricuda from ebay for £100!! I would say that's a once in a lifetime thing. Lets just say to those who own and operate these preamps the value would be priceless..   
Reverence Sound system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>