Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass Box Tuning Frequency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bass Box Tuning Frequency
    Posted: 27 February 2006 at 8:27am
Lookin to build 2 emimnce Beta 15" bass drivers that i have lyin about into the boot of my car. tryin to design 2 seperate boxes has anyone got any idea of what kind of tuning frequency i should aim for. The boxes can't be too big because i still need to get my speakers in the car. all the standard boxes seem to be 55l sealed. i put these thru winisd and they don't give a great curve bass peaks bout 100Hz. Lookin for good kick bass for dance and r&b doesn't haver to bee too loud. Any Ideas would be great
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 7:18pm

Try sealed. Eminence beta 15 are a pretty crap driver for anything alse than sealed or a really huge reflex box.

You could try di-pole push/pull though.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadi d=14179&highlight=dipole+push+pull

If you look what chops made, thats a dipole, push pull and would work well with the Eminence Beta 15's.

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 8:54am

In an average car there is a large or very large gain in the low-frequency response. The lower you go, the more it adds. Furthermore a lot of carowners don't aim for SQ and if they don't, manufacturers don't have to do so either.

This way you can put a driver in a 55 ltr (or similair) sealed enclosure and let the room/cargain take care of the rest, even tho it might look sh*t in WinISD. Qtc around 1,1 should sound ok, instead of 0,707 as suggested by WinISD.

If tuned, tuning around 50 Hz will ussually be fine.

Wkr Johan

Edited by mobiele eenheid - 28 February 2006 at 8:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply