Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass section advice (scoop+kick)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnolao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bass section advice (scoop+kick)
    Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:49pm
Hi scoop addicts,

First of all thanks to all the contributors, i learnt many crucials things since i read this forum.

We're planning to built our bass section soon (already have 2 reflex 15"+1" for med/high)

Project is :

Sub : 4 rhinos turbomax 1200, pd1850,v18-1000 loaded (it depends on what we can find second hand) powered by 2 Matrix UKP2100 4ohm bridged.

Kick : 4 ES18BPH loaded with C18-650EL and powered by an HPA5000 (already have drivers and amp from our current rig).

What do you guys think about that ?
Any recommendation ?

Thanks !

Akid-sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akid-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:18pm
sounds loooovely. 
here piggy piggy piggy......
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:28pm
This is what I have in mind for the PERFECT scoop rig, I know lev keeps going on about 12'' horns but for me they would be waisted

pretty soon Insomnia (steve) will be doing flat packs of the Rhino, along with these I'm going to design a single 15 RLH and 2 x 12'' RLH for above scoops, so a choice of the 2
above these I would put the XT8 horn in a box with a 1'' horn, so a 3 box sytem but 4 way

this for me would be the iceing on the cake reggae system

if you chose the same drivers as what CSG did (things to do on a sunday thread) you would be onto a winner

above would be a great choice apart from the 15" + 1", I would use those for DJ monitors

Edited by mykey - 27 March 2009 at 2:09pm
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

pretty soon Insomnia (steve) will be doing flat packs of the Rhino,

Hope I'm getting some commission there somewhere...  LOL

Also, Insomia's IHD18s are the most scoop friendly kick bin.

Edited by levyte357 - 27 March 2009 at 2:15pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 2:16pm

king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 5:09pm
i guess a 15" above scoops+upper bass isnt ideal, 15" is supposed to handle the upper bass, 12" above the 2 way bass would be better imo for clear midrange...but its a detail

also with so much bass (8 drivers, and scoop/bph combination) if you have 4 midtops its better than 2. to keep up with the bass section, you'll often end up breaking/put in danger the compression driver
arnolao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnolao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 7:16pm
thanks for the answers guys !!

building pics are coming in the next months. 
 Post Reply Post Reply