Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BBE any good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BBE any good?
    Posted: 22 October 2007 at 10:43pm
  Any comments on those BBE sound maximizers?
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
djrockstar4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 11:45pm
Love them, I use the 882i for my shows. They do make a world of difference. However it depends what you use them for. For music playback they are wonderful. For live mixing they aren't to good, yet if you use them on specific instruments such as a guitar, it gives it a more natural sound. But they are greatm they tighten up the bass, make the vocal sound more natural, as if they are singing live (if used for playback) and make the instruments crisp. Hope this helps.
dots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:54am
you have to put some time into how hard you hit them with signal and bringing them back into the mix-the effects are subtle-i agree in playback or recorded sources the effect can be great but using them live can get confusing and effect others effects .The original effect came from a mistake (boring history) but over the years they've tweaked it into a kind of mysterious phase toy that sparkles up instruments.
you never know till you build it
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 3:30pm
        When used on live situation,will it be good if ill use it as an insert on vocals or guitar?
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
djrockstar4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 11:38pm
If anything I would say use it as an insert for the vocals, but if the guitar wants to use the bbe, I would have them plug the guitar into the bbe, and then into their amp, they can adjust it so it sounds good to them on stage, and then the mix will be picked up at the board sounding the way they like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply