Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 18SW115 Enclosure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2021 at 9:05am
@citizensc

Though, D&B do not have one subwoofer that really does something under 40Hz.
I think the ability to really perform that low is the missing factor for many. I have heard great reviews of the BC218 which has the ability to play that low.
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2021 at 9:49am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

@citizensc

Though, D&B do not have one subwoofer that really does something under 40Hz.
I think the ability to really perform that low is the missing factor for many. I have heard great reviews of the BC218 which has the ability to play that low.

As far as Perth as a city goes, D&B is about as low as it gets. The club install market is dominated by mediocre sounding D&B systems, the small-med dance music festival market is a mixture of D&B and FK1, to my knowledge none of the FK1 systems have anything bigger than the F218. There is us with an xtro punisher system and lastly a kitchen sink of other stuff like Nexo, Void, QSC, Yamaha etc which I don't see around much. 

So maybe my experience is very limited, but from what I have heard here, playing low is not the name of the game. 
https://www.facebook.com/voyager.system

@voyager_soundsystem
Pnemonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2021 at 7:27am
Followed this post to the end and saw nobody posted B&C's own plans that they made available- 
https://www.bcspeakers.com/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTkvMDUvMDkvMTJfNDZfNDBfNjY5X1MxOEFOLnBkZiJdXQ 

Hope this helps..
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2021 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Pnemonic Pnemonic wrote:

Followed this post to the end and saw nobody posted B&C's own plans that they made available- 

Hope this helps..

I would not go with those older sub designs from b&c. Definately the 18sw115 designs do not have sufficient port area.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2021 at 4:56pm
ass mini scoop Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12