Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer CX3400 service manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naff_monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behringer CX3400 service manual
    Posted: 29 January 2010 at 12:01pm
Morning

Does anyone have a service manual for a CX3400, I've got one sat in a corner which is a bit wonky (sound stops if I put pressure on the left side) that I imagine is probably just a loose connection/bad soldering.

Anyone had this kind of problem before?

Edited by Naff_monk - 29 January 2010 at 12:01pm
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 12:14pm
Yeah I used to have one & the left channel kept cutting out. I threw it away. I doubt there is a service manual available, just get it appart & start looking for bad connections/ cracks in solder joints.
Naff_monk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naff_monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 12:26pm
Yea, I'm on the verge of doing the same thing but we have a suicide rig (Jamo's plus sub LOL) that we use for smaller house parties that doesn't really seem worthy of an ultradrive. I suppose there's nothing lost by pulling it apart and re-assembling it, I've fixed more complicated stuff by doing that in the past.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 1:43pm

I might have another broken one in my lock up if you need some bits.

Naff_monk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naff_monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 1:53pm
behringer graveyards are us.

Yea mate, will probably take you up on that assuming i can work out what's bust on it in the first place, thanks Big smile

I'm heading your way to get my van in the next month or so, so I'll let you know after the post-mortem.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 1:55pm
Ok or failing that I could post up some bits. let me know the outcome mate.
Naff_monk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naff_monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 2:01pm
good stuff, will do.

ps. woohoo, 200 posts, does that mean I'm allowed out of the newbie section now :D
EDSX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EDSX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 12:51pm
Concerning Behringer rack-mount units in general, I find that it is a very good idea to do two things regardless. 1)  change out all cheap Chinese (ex: "CapXon") electrolytic caps with decent ones such as "audio grade" Panasonic FM/FC or Nichicon caps, and 2) go over all solder joints again with a soldering iron (most circuit boards are usually mass-produced using wave-soldering).  However after reading numerous blogs, I noticed that there was one continuous problem with rack-mount signal processors, especially crossovers, and in this case, the Behringer CX3400.  The problem is issues with the sound quality of one channel (or both) becoming brittle, intermittent, or completely going out.  I finally found one post where it was discovered that the problem was the ribbon connector that connects the main board to the front panel board.  The connector is a "press-pin" type (like the bus cable in old computers).  The pins pierce the insulation of the ribbon cable wires and make contact with them, but this does not make for any kind of a reliable connection.  It would be better to try to hand-solder/hand-wire a similiar connector to interface here than to use the press-pin connector.
 Post Reply Post Reply