Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

behringer dcx 2496

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: behringer dcx 2496
    Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:41pm
just purchased a beery dcx, I've downloaded editor software v1.16 on my windows 10 laptop and the software looks like it was made in the 1980's the interface on my laptop looks nothing like the modern looking software that I've seen online? is there something that I'm missing? its the only version I seem to be able to find, its a smallish looking grey box with all the options crammed into it?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:54am
What modern looking software? This platform was developed when laptops had serial ports so.... yeah it's old, but so what if it gets the job done.
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 1:07am
The above serial comment amuses me as all high end stuff use serial (Cisco make kit that costs more than a touring rig that needs serial, the reason is the use of serial console keeps Mac welding cretins and other wanna bes at bay) but the DCX software works fine and TBH could be command line IMHO, what do you want 3d rendered graphics that needs a 48GB RTX Quadro????

BigTool cover you really!

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 11:53pm
  Everything on the DCX is easily adjustable via the front screen anyway, the 'pc connectivity' thing is just a gimmick/marketing tool IMO.
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 10:36am
Apart from not being able to resize the window, it works fine and does everything I need. It’s worth getting an old Panasonic toughbook for gigs (has FireWire for my old sound card so I can record sets at perfect quality even though 10 years old) has serial port and you can spill a dozen pints of beer on it and it’ll still be fine... albeit a bit sticky! 
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply