Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

behringer ep2500 bridge mode

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:31pm
Berry specs

Test results From http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=855865

For EP2500 in 8/4ohm bridge. I think he said amp couldnt complete  test  in 4ohm bridge with 20hz Sine wave.

Doesnt meet spec, but 8 ohm bridge Is still plenty to slap any 8ohm 18", but in my opinion, 2u of amp per 18" is a bit much. However for 1x sub house Parites, I guess 1x ep2500 for sub, and a decent 2u Mid top amp, would be good, and also light.

Edited by levyte357 - 23 October 2007 at 12:38pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:51pm
I find 2 EP2500s running 2 A.S.S SP5s and 1 X1 (bridged) works great in my lounge!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:02pm
I think if you're prepared for the fact that if you do blow up a Berry you can go and buy another one for peanuts you'll probably be fine.  And as Tony says if you're careful about how hard you run them that should make it a bit safer.

Maybe some extra fans in the rack as well.....

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:08pm
Thing is... you try and find a report of one actually blowing up...very hard I think you will find!

I do find the way they discharge after turning them off a bit wierd (especially after light use - more power to get rid of).. but apart from that they seam to work perfectly everytime.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 2:03pm
Adambomb---You beat me to it---I was just about to make the same point---If they really were a bad amp then the backlash on Behringer would be awesome--Look at what happened with the DCX2496--they had to take it off the market for a year while they sorted the problems out.
Thousands of these amps have been sold in the UK alone and I hate to think of the total worldwide sales figure and I bet the small percentage that have gone faulty is no worse than most other manufacturers amps and it is probably better than most.
When you also take into consideration the budget market that they are aimed at is full of novices and people who are not very technically minded, thus leaving itself prone to abuse, then I think that the best selling amp in the world at present(EP2500) is doing mighty well for itself.
I would also like to point out that I am not a Behringer dealer or employee--I am just trying to give credit where its due for a dam good value for money product.
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 7:35pm
I think the tests on avsforum make me pretty confident about using it in bridge mode (even if it tripped its breaker after 20seconds 4ohm bridge sub-clip sine)  Typical program material is so far from a full duty sine (even if it's compressed reasonably.)  If i really have problems with em, i can always get them repaired & then sell em off...
  Also two ciare 12.00sws paralleled are averaging quite a bit over 4 ohms in the cab design i'm looking at too...
What I cannot create, I do not understand
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:42am
Me and my friends have been driving old Cerwin Vega horns loaded with some 800rms/8ohm Eminences (so they said to me) with EP2500 in 4ohm bridged without any kind of problems.
If they have started clipping, after some 10-20 seconds they may engage their protections, but keep an eye on them to avoid going up to the infamous red LED and they have performed well, without any kind of rack protecting them in transport in these last few years we've been using 'em. Maybe we're just lucky tho...
DJRava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJRava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 4:58pm
i find that when i use one of mine on bins (500w rms reflex) they get seriously hot, and the breaker trips, even before the clip lights appear sometime. last time that i was forced to use an ep2500 on bins (cheapo pub, double booked gig last night) it was fine with house/pop, but then someone started playing dnb, and the amp cut out for about 5 minutes until it cooled down again. theyre fine... if you dont spank 'em! you get nowhere near the full bass of a bridged rmx2450 though, subjectively.
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 10:07am
i've had  a bit of experience with these, and i've had one go pop too, despite this  i wouldn't hesitate in recommending them, for the price they are great and  more importantly the DO deliver quite a bit of bass when bridged. the only problem is they are a bit embarrassing to be seen in your rack. skoda syndrome as Robbo said..
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 1:53pm
there's a market here for fake rack fronts
What I cannot create, I do not understand
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12