Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer nx600d No power.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 9:19am
There will be some sort of input filter, varistors or even NTC's on the thing. If one of those has blown, you won't have any power to the amp, but really, get someone qualified to look at it. You're playing around with dangerous voltage levels there. 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

There will be some sort of input filter, varistors or even NTC's on the thing. If one of those has blown, you won't have any power to the amp, but really, get someone qualified to look at it. You're playing around with dangerous voltage levels there. 

Good points

If it is that, it should be a pretty easy fix, for someone who know what they are doing. 

Definitely worth at least getting it looked at IMO.

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 14 October 2021 at 1:09pm
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Sonic the hedge Sonic the hedge wrote:

Originally posted by M4trix M4trix wrote:

Originally posted by Author 502 Author 502 wrote:

You think that's bull? 😁

What ? The power ratings ? Burst power maybe but constant... a big nope. That's a huge e-waste btw. Shame on you Behringer ! Angry

Edit: Someone tried this amp on the bench ?

Inuke but same difference...

Thanks for the link. Looks like I wasn't far from the truth. I'm not bashing Behringer but I don't like such advertising figures. One would think that the people who advertise their products are not in the same building or even continent with the engineers. LOL

Hm...maybe they aren't... 

Author 502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 7:56pm
Sounds like I've had the wool pulled over my eyes. Should of known better. I knew it was too good to be true getting all that power for under £400. Looks like I'll have to dig a little deeper to power my Martin's with a capable Amp. Any recommendations anyone??
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 8:03pm
Really? It can easily be argued by ‘actual engineers’ that amplifiers designed for music - rather than welding - are far better having high levels of peak voltage capability.

I’ll say it for the 50th time; give me *any* sub driver on the planet, 700 actual watts PReal long term (Watts are already an RMS value) and a few hours and I’ll give you a burnt coil.

No need for the box..

Edited by toastyghost - 14 October 2021 at 8:04pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 7:28am
Yes - your amp lasted 2 years, then left you in the shite - suddenly going wrong. Cheap components & compromised design to keep it cheap.

So, more than being concerned over wattage, I'd look for something reliable. There are plenty of decent names out there, they will just cost a bit more, but paying more for an amp that won't suddenly destroy itself because of cheap/crap components & bad QC pays for itself in the end.

A decent amp should last for years & years without giving you any problems. Just keep it clean & get rid of the dust that tends to accumulate inside the things.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 8:42am
any amp can fail any time my inuke 6000dsp is still goin strong 7 years use hundreds and hundreds of gigs been flightcased out of the box and stored at room temprature have to look after it there aint much too it LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

any amp can fail any time my inuke 6000dsp is still goin strong 7 years use hundreds and hundreds of gigs been flightcased out of the box and stored at room temprature have to look after it there aint much too it LOL

Alright - you obviously have a good one - but how many actually last that long? Not too many, I fear. Meanwhile my 20/30 year old Crests just keep on giving!!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:18am
got rid of the heavy amps i will be lookin on sumthing new next year Smile
Author 502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 10:16am
It was well looked after. I take great care of all my equipment. Don't think I'll go anywhere near behringer again. Spoke to a repair team and they said they are know as the suicide amps. 😂😂Bin it 😲
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

got rid of the heavy amps i will be lookin on sumthing new next year Smile

Yes - I know that I could sell my 7/8001's for good money - they have a good reputation and go quickly whenever put on sale here - but really couldn't be bothered.

I honestly haven't had good experiences with lightweights - even Powersoft, QSC & Labs. I actually hired in a couple of TW Audio T24's powered by a Lab FP10000 for an event a couple of months ago - as some "long-throw".   Smile

Running off a generator. The first Lab failed straight away. After a panicy phonecall, the owner brought another - which worked for about 1/2 hour before also going into Error Mode.   Dead

The generator obviously had some issue, which the amp didn't like - but luckily I had enough gear of my own - powered by Crest 7001's - to save the day. And the Crests didn't miss a beat. Fookin' amazing. I really wouldn't sell them now for anything. Reliability above all!   Clap

Edited by Earplug - 15 October 2021 at 11:07am
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 11:39am
old stuff is built to last new stuff diposable Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>