Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer Ultradrive Problems Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
Poll Question: I own/have owned a DCX2496 Ultradrive and it was....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [4.46%]
11 [3.50%]
13 [4.14%]
184 [58.60%]
44 [14.01%]
48 [15.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:40pm
But what is it Norty ? what happens ?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:42pm
If you imagine the sound of eggs frying, but coming from the outputs of the DCX, thats exactly what it is.  Often if you wiggle the cables in the back or tap the case you'll get a really loud pop.

Normally only affects some of the outputs

Edited by norty303 - 04 December 2008 at 10:43pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
huw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:46pm
Mine sounded like blasts of machine-gun fire to me
and the other output was white noise if I recall correctly....

Bespoke View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:46pm
Disapproveummmmmmmmmmmm can you still hear when music is playing ? I started to hear a very slight fuzz the other day
huw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:52pm
well on mine I only get the noise - no music signal whatsoever
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 1:08am
I've got one old and one new - both fine, although they don't get a lot of use.
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
WmAx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WmAx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:40am
I have two units, one purchased around 2005 and on purchased in 2007. Both have never had a fault.

-Chris
Fushion Julz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fushion Julz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 1:03pm
I have 2...one is a (very) early model and it suffered from a failure to boot on one occasion...Solved by reseating the ribbon cables and insulating the bottom of the case as a precaution.
The other is a later batch one and has suffered no issues whatsoever...

Fantastic bits of kit, great value for money, too, IMHO
FUSHION SOUNDSYSTEM

www.fushion.org.uk
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 1:47pm
I have 2 units.. oneold, but not that old (about 2 years at a guess).. one new (last month)... no issues whatsover with either.

I have only ever used a DCX as my own crossover and have little experience with other brands etc.. but when I do come into contact with other stuff (Driverrack etc) I'm always shocked how inflexible they are compared to the DCX and also how awkward they are to use.. when the DCX is childs play in comparison.

Top marks from me..

Sound quality always seams to be good too..

Just wish the limiters went down another 3db or so... my only gripe.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:06pm
Adambomb: Don't forget the familiarity factor when you deal with other bits of kit though. Those other interfaces will rub up against your expectation from what you're used to, and that will taint your experience somewhat.

I personally find the DCX interface to be good, but basic and not very well categorised, but I know that my regular usage of a DBX and it's clearly defined categories is a major factor in that. For someone who's coming into it with minimal experience or a wide breadth of experience (freelancing, for example) then I'd still wholeheartedly recommend the DCX even though it's not my cup of tea.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:10pm
I agree, to some degree familiarity does play a part... but a 2 char high display as found on most other LMSs is a lot harder to use by far.. much less graphical representation of what's going on.

I also agree on the catagorisation of some areas is a little whack... but again, from my experience a whole sh*t load more intuative than the DRPA etc.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:46pm
If your experience of a DBX is the DRPA then fair enough. The multi-line display on the 260 and up is a godsend though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>