Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Berry x airs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:56am
Yeah CH70 seems to be getting so busy it’s in useable for anything important.
CH38 is the once.

I’d recommend buying a RF Explorer, very handy bit of kit.

Jace
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Yeah CH70 seems to be getting so busy it’s in useable for anything important.
CH38 is the once.

I’d recommend buying a RF Explorer, very handy bit of kit.

Jace

Never looked at those.
In all fairness wirless mics is new territory for us, but we hve the work coming in for that kind of requirement now.

Do you have a link to he kind of thing your on about jace, Google’s throwing all sorts up
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 5:35pm
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 5:39pm
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 6:47pm
Did you switch the Xair back to LAN mode? IIRC, they work on EITHER WiFi or LAN but not both.

The built in APs on them are absolutely shite. Get something like a DreyTek Vigor 2820Vn (should be about £20/40 on eBay) and its fairly bombproof.

Also worth while ensuring you're using 5GHz WiFi as once the audience come in and everyone's phones in their pockets are squawking all over the 2.4GHz band for WiFi and Bluetooth it will decimate the signal of your WiFi.

As Jace says, the cheap Radio gear will shite on your WiFi too (as will bands using cheapo wireless such as the Line6 stuff for their guitars,etc.)

Also worth hiding your WiFi SSID as, although it doesnt actually hide your net from devices, it hides it from people trying to connect to it which can bog it down.

We've had issues with putting our AP atop our TMS-4s behind the TSE-111s... don;t know if that was anything to do with EMF interference or purely the proximity to a load of metalwork and magnets which is generally bad practice so I'd keep it away from your 718s ;)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 9:07pm
We know about the switch
We already have a router and usually use that
We just didn’t use it because the tablet was inches away from the rack

Issues with the wireless doesn’t explain the lan connection issue 🤔
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 10:30pm
if you didn't have a DHCP server up, were you on static IPs?

If both were not in the same IP Subnet then they wouldn't be able to see each other
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

We know about the switch
We already have a router and usually use that
We just didn’t use it because the tablet was inches away from the rack

Issues with the wireless doesn’t explain the lan connection issue 🤔

Yes it does. It uses a single networking stack and if the routing table is full it won’t accept new connections regardless of NIC
AJ113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 4:34am
This whole thing gives me the collywobbles. My only mixer is an X18. I used to have connection probs but I've never had an issue since I started using a standalone router. As a bit of insurance I always carry a LAN cable, but now from this thread I see the LAN connection can crap out too - very worrying.

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

...Yes it does. It uses a single networking stack and if the routing table is full it won’t accept new connections regardless of NIC

Apart from "yes it does" I don't understand the above. Is there a remedy? Is it something as simple as rebooting the X18?

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 5:10am
Originally posted by AJ113 AJ113 wrote:

Apart from "yes it does" I don't understand the above. Is there a remedy? Is it something as simple as rebooting the X18?

Yes, power cycling the xAir and any network peripherals would nominally rectify what Kyle is describing
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

Yes, power cycling the xAir and any network peripherals would nominally rectify what Kyle is describing

Power cycling?
Same as rebooting ?
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

Power cycling?
Same as rebooting ?

In the case of the xAir, yanking the mains out and waiting a few seconds would do it LOL

I'm not sure what sort of information it would try and store if you asked it to do a graceful shutdown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>