Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - best 15 or 18 sub <90hz can be moved by one person
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best 15 or 18 sub <90hz can be moved by one person

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best 15 or 18 sub <90hz can be moved by one person
    Posted: 26 January 2022 at 12:00pm
I need to build subwoofers that are easy to carry, unfortunately I am just moving them, I have to use them under a system that has 2 speakers per side, very efficient with 106db full range each.
I currently have 6 tham 15s loaded with 15hp1030 of faital, the bass is a bit low compared to the speakers, the idea could have been to add another tham or two other thames, but that would also involve bringing another power amp with rack. The idea was to remake the 6 basses with a better design, but let it not be huge, I have seen the paraflex and they are really nice, but I don't know how much more efficient they are than the tham. I accept advice :) thanks

Edited by Angelow - 26 January 2022 at 12:01pm
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 12:30pm
6 Tham15 with those drivers should do some damage, have you set them up to work with the tops, phase, X over etc? I wonder if you are getting some cancellations around the X over point? Or are your issues lower than that, the Thams don't go too low, 50Hz and fall off quickly below that...

Thanks,

Dupe...
Dupe...
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:02pm
Dulux is right.....More information needed....
What exactly are your tops?
What amps do you use?

Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:09pm
 i use only one original lab gruppen fp14000, I have calibrated the limiter of the xta so as to never go to red, the parameters are automatic

the basses, 3 per side, under two full range speakers, cut at 100hz, fall behind especially on house music, tekno etc., it is as if they were not based
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:25pm
Also, probably all paraflex cabinets are significantly largen than the tham 15..
If you don't want to go much bigger than thams but deeper, BR is probably the answer. 
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:30pm
Angelow, what are your tops? 

You are doing something very wrongly....... 

With that amp and 3 faital 15" with 12 mm xmax  there should be enough bass......

Maybe polarity probems somewhere? Is your speaker wiring all in correct polarity?

Edited by bob4 - 26 January 2022 at 2:35pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:35pm

You say your tops are 106db/w @ 1 meter, thams are about 100db/w @ 1 meter so for every 1 watt of power you put into your tops you will need 4watts on the thams to match the output of the tops.

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

You say your tops are 106db/w @ 1 meter, thams are about 100db/w @ 1 meter so for every 1 watt of power you put into your tops you will need 4watts on the thams to match the output of the tops.

Three thams per side though, so should be more like 104 dB at least?
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:39pm
Yes, but he has two tops per side as well!!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Yes, but he has two tops per side as well!!
Ah true..... 
Still, would be nice to know the exact model and make of those "106 dB" tops........
Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 3:19pm
the top are resolution 2 mark 2 funktion one, but the kick is modded by custom b&c
the gain of the kick is + 7 db (instead of + 8db) because it has more efficiency than one db, of the original, and the limiter is + 2 db more, in practice it manages almost double the power more than the original, come 1000w limited not to red from the final for single 15.
so the mid-high part which is very efficient aligns better with the kick

Edited by Angelow - 26 January 2022 at 3:23pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Angelow Angelow wrote:

the basses, 3 per side, under two full range speakers, cut at 100hz, fall behind especially on house music, tekno etc., it is as if they were not based

HD15 would go louder and also a little bit lower than THAM15, especially with 3 pieces per side. If you look at the graphs, the tham15 has a steeper rolloff, and is down to 85dB at 30 Hz, while the HD15 is still at 90-91 dB, and at 40 Hz the HD15 is also 3-4 dB louder. In the higher bass register the HD15 peaks arpumd 107-108 dB!! A lot more than the THAM15. HD15 is also a little bit smaller than THAM. I used to have four with Kappa15LF. Your faitals should be louder. 

Or you could do single or double 15" bass reflex, maybe add one 15" per side to have two doubles per side......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>