Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Active PA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2018 at 11:36am
those dzr315 look tasty
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2018 at 1:31pm
yes it’s got me thinking about gluing a little 8 inch thing on the side of my dsr 15 πŸ˜‚
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:25pm
If by active you mean self powered, I can sell you a self powered Jericho J3-94, doubt you'll beat that...

These however get my vote for 'compact':
https://www.kv2audio.com/products/ex-series/ex15.html

Edited by toastyghost - 06 October 2018 at 5:26pm
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:29pm
they are fine in Australia but upside down cabs will never catch on here in the top half of the globe πŸ˜€
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:50pm
Anybody tried the new HH electronics stuff yet?

The 3 way looks interesting

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 11:10pm
  This is just my two cents, but what I've heard of the Yamaha DSR range has left me feeling very unimpressed, a local venue has a pair of the 215's on top of two pairs of 118 subs and it sounds fantastic at low to medium voulme but crank it up and, whilst giving huge amounts of spl, the quality drops off considerably, the top end gets very harsh, mids shouty and the bass very muddy and uncontrolled. It could well be (and probably is!) user error but it just doesn't sound nice when pushed to my ears.
 The only active stuff that I've liked the sound of has been the FBT Maxx range, but, I'll be honest, active stuff just seems wrong to me, sticking the amp in a box with the transdusers where it's going to run hotter and be subjected to more mechanical stresses isn't going to it any favours imo. I suppose power losses in the speaker cables are greatly reduced... Smile 
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

If by active you mean self powered, I can sell you a self powered Jericho J3-94, doubt you'll beat that...

These however get my vote for 'compact':
https://www.kv2audio.com/products/ex-series/ex15.html
Would love to hear these
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Anyone heard the Presonus CDL12/18?

Buy the Fulcrum versions instead.
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by kevin tyler kevin tyler wrote:

they are fine in Australia but upside down cabs will never catch on here in the top half of the globe πŸ˜€

Many people call them upside down cabinets before they see the HF horn coaxially in the 15" driver and then realize that the bottom is actually MF and that it makes sense to have it on the bottom... ;)

supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 10:29am
Must be the most compact 3 way box out there
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

Originally posted by kevin tyler kevin tyler wrote:

Many people call them upside down cabinets before they see the HF horn coaxially in the 15" driver and then realize that the bottom is actually MF and that it makes sense to have it on the bottom... ;)

Peter Morris (designer of the PM90 and PM60 cabs, pretty much the best 3 way speaker on a stick it is possible to make, even from Pro companies) has done something similar with his latest DIY design.....

It's a double 15" low section on a short ported horn, with an 8" on a pretty huge horn above that  and therefore the bms coax horn down at the bottom in the horn path of the 15s. Looks like a stunning cab, a proper 4 way design and I'm sure it'll be a beast, but unfortunatly I think the big 8" horn will be one of the ones he's gets from a high end Hifi manufacturer he is friends with and isn't commercially available to us mere mortals Smile

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 09 October 2018 at 10:48am
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by supremesoundz supremesoundz wrote:

Must be the most compact 3 way box out there

The old Turbo TQ440/445 would have it beat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>