Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Active PA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 12:14pm
gay packet 

Omg that's funny.

F,ag packet...  geez just means a rough sketch on a cigarette packet in the uk.

Edited by JonB67 - 10 October 2018 at 12:23pm
Mel Gibson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel Gibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 7:42pm
QSC K12.2 are supposed to be good sound quality and reasonably loud for their price, I know they use Celestion drivers which are reliable drivers and obviously being QSC they'll use QSC amplifier modules. I'd say better though would be or even about the best for £800 per speaker would be RCF Art-732A.

https://www.djkit.com/rcf/rcf-art-732-a-mk4.html

Edited by Mel Gibson - 12 October 2018 at 7:46pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:45pm
For what? Those are toys. But if that is what you need...
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 12:28am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

This is just my two cents, but what I've heard of the Yamaha DSR range has left me feeling very unimpressed, a local venue has a pair of the 215's on top of two pairs of 118 subs and it sounds fantastic at low to medium voulme but crank it up and, whilst giving huge amounts of spl, the quality drops off considerably, the top end gets very harsh, mids shouty and the bass very muddy and uncontrolled.
Yeah that is user error I bet the input levels are being pushed well into clipping. These boxes will outclass everything in the same price bracket with lots more clean sound.. boxes like the JBL PRX, QSC K, etc, but they are still just MI level powered speakers and cannot compete with pro level boxes with 1.4" or 2" comps.. powered or passive.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 8:17am
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

For 200ish people?

They seem reasonably priced imo.. the top line dB Technologies active subs cost A LOT though, with prices hovering somewhere around 3-5k.

Could be bit of an overkill too.. I think the problem with active is that you don't get much control over the system, a speaker management system/processor helps a bit though.

Why do you want a line array for 200 people?
Just use good point source.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

For 200ish people?

They seem reasonably priced imo.. the top line dB Technologies active subs cost A LOT though, with prices hovering somewhere around 3-5k.

Could be bit of an overkill too.. I think the problem with active is that you don't get much control over the system, a speaker management system/processor helps a bit though.
Whats your budget? 5K can buy you some of our boxes powered with Powersoft modules that will be more then perfect for 200 people gigs.
Not sure what sort of gigs you have on mind, but for some gigs you can just use a pait of those boxes i showed earlier. They sound so good on the low end that you will look for hidden subs.

Edited by MarjanM - 13 October 2018 at 9:35am
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 2:14pm
What about that Blue Acoustic lot in Wales?

FB Page quicker than their site

It's everything, not everythink!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

This is just my two cents, but what I've heard of the Yamaha DSR range has left me feeling very unimpressed, a local venue has a pair of the 215's on top of two pairs of 118 subs and it sounds fantastic at low to medium voulme but crank it up and, whilst giving huge amounts of spl, the quality drops off considerably, the top end gets very harsh, mids shouty and the bass very muddy and uncontrolled.
Yeah that is user error I bet the input levels are being pushed well into clipping. These boxes will outclass everything in the same price bracket with lots more clean sound.. boxes like the JBL PRX, QSC K, etc, but they are still just MI level powered speakers and cannot compete with pro level boxes with 1.4" or 2" comps.. powered or passive.

I'll be honest, I haven't knowingly heard any other DSR kit so yeah, it's probably 'all the gear, no idea!'. I'd still rather a rack of amps and an lms though. Smile
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 12:27am
+1 on the fohnn actctive kit, just home from a gig using their x30 series, sounded really sweet.
Soundscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 7:43pm
Anyone using a pair of the PM90 boxes on this site?

Comments appreciated, for, and against.

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Soundscape Soundscape wrote:

Anyone using a pair of the PM90 boxes on this site?

Comments appreciated, for, and against.

I vaguely remember Kevin McDonough mentioning them sometime in the last year-ish; not sure if they were built and in use or just planned though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345