Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best budget sub amplifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 11:42am
Another thing to bear in mind...
When I sold our K3's a year or so ago, the guy buying them asked how many hours were on the clock - and the figure looked really high to me!
 We'd only had them 3 years, and they weren't used a hell of a lot - we don't do a lot of gigs where we set the gain to 11 and smash it for 12 hours; they'd been used pretty gently, barely ticking over. So the hours used doesn't always have a bearing on how much shit they've been through.
For example, 'big screen' hires, doing mainly speech and background audio, left on for 3 weeks constantly - which is much better for the amp than switching it off overnight and letting condensation, dew etc set in, in the early hours. 

Go and have a look at the amp, if it looks clean and well looked after, and doesn't rattle, it probably is.   
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 3:32pm
I’ve got a QSC PL 6.0 I’d part with for the rite money. Not exactly lightweight but it’s very powerful and sound really good. Happy at 2 ohms as well. PM if you’re interested.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

I’ve got a QSC PL 6.0 I’d part with for the rite money. Not exactly lightweight but it’s very powerful and sound really good. Happy at 2 ohms as well. PM if you’re interested.

boots-hifi: Always teasily selling sought after naughty things, you've always wanted, but can't really afford!!!
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!!".
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I personally feel buying a used amplifier with 100000 hours on it from a company that have cleaned the filters every 1 or 2 shows, serviced, checked bias blah blah. Is better than buying a amp with half the hours from a free party crew where it’s been sat in 6 inches of dust driving a mixture of crap at 00.01 ohm even if it has half the hours.

There is a guy up north somewhere who has loads of butterfly and from my understanding he is swapping all his ex BRP Outline T-Nines for newer powersoft units. I’ll dig out his name. But those T-Nines from BRP were in great condition. I brokered about 20+ of them and haven’t heard any negatives to this day.

Used PLM is a good option too. Some bargains starting to pop up now.

A major important thing to look at is, are you going in to venues where you have juice for these amps? Or would 2 prolines actually be better?

Jace

Awesome mate yeah that'd be appreciated, definitely still interested in a K8. A majority of our events will be outdoors of generators so juice shouldn't bee to much of an issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic