Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best choice for a 12" horn plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2017 at 12:31am
Lost for words, wishing you well.

Edit: can't even type properly.   

Edited by fatfreddiescat - 29 January 2017 at 12:33am
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2017 at 12:56am
yeah man.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2017 at 1:37pm
i pray a miracle happens djk, stay strong....
https://www.elements-audio.com
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2017 at 2:25pm
Sorry to hear your news mate, all the strength to you on getting stronger
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 11:30am
Im so sorry to hear this...keep strong bredda and keep us updated if u can blessing
osse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 12:44pm
I'm very sorry to hear it djk, my thoughts and blessings are with you!
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:49am
first of all... DJK how are you? I hope u feel better!  
Then for the silly audio DY word: 
 finally i found some time -and yes cash- to getting this little baby

my choice goes to 12mh32 for several reason, i know that isnt the newst driver, but cost less and seem to have best efficency and a very good horn loading attitude! and yes even cost less...
this is the first of many that i will buy for this project, bought just to made some test and measurement.

I was modeling the dynacord f12 plan:

i didnt find any hornresp data so i tried some little calculation, but i cant set properly the troath chambers value, can anyone helps me to found them and check if the others parameters are correct?

S1 for example seems to be wrong!

last question about horn resp, if the number of driver are for example 2, in single horn enclosure type, the only data that needs to be edited from a single horn is the "ND" input or even horn mouth etc needs to be recalculated?
for this one id like to trying the "single version"

Silly offtopic question, to make some measurement i can arrange horn with cardboard or 5mm wood?

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

i will buy for this project, bought just to made some test and measurement.

i didnt find any hornresp data so i tried some little calculation, but i cant set properly the troath chambers value, can anyone helps me to found them and check if the others parameters are correct?

I think nearly all of the horn parameters you've put in there are wrong, sorry.
Model in 4Pi for a Mid, unless you're mounting it into a flush recess in a wall.
S1 should be 220mmx 220mm, converted to sq cm, which is 484.
S2 is 570mm x 570mm, again converted to sq cm, which is 3249 (for the simplest model).
L12 is 43.1 (in cm again). Double click on the letters "Exp" to change it to "Con" as well.
If you really want you can model the non expanding section as well, just make S3 = 3249 as well and L23 = 2cm, but I don't think it'll make much difference.

Vrc is 325mm x 325mm x 210mm, converted to litres, and with about 3 litres taken off for the volume occupied by the driver so about 19l net. Lrc you have right.

Vtc is basically the volume of the space in front of the cone, plus the airspace in the cutouts of the baffles. This will vary a little from driver to driver depending on cone profile and dustcap size/shape, but within reasonable limits you can estimate it without screwing up the model too badly. Try 1500cm^3 with Atc 522 as a rough start.

For splitting an existing design in half, you have to tell hornresp the actual values for the horn you're modelling, so divide all the areas and chamber volumes in half (but not the lengths) before entering them as well as adjusting Nd.

Hope this helps, and good luck,
David.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:36am
"first of all... DJK how are you? I hope u feel better!"

I'm better after adjusting some of my meds, they had me over-medicated to the point I was unable to walk, or even see.

"my choice goes to 12mh32 for several reason,"

Looks like a good choice for a horn, x-max should allow for about 3dB more output down low.
djk
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:13am
Originally posted by _djk_ _djk_ wrote:

I'm better after adjusting some of my meds, they had me over-medicated to the point I was unable to walk, or even see.

Wow, that sounds horrible, very glad to hear you are better! How's that kind of incompetence even possible? Any possibility of suing? 

Oh, and about that 12" mid plan..... any news Big smile
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

i will buy for this project, bought just to made some test and measurement.

I think nearly all of the horn parameters you've put in there are wrong, sorry.
Model in 4Pi for a Mid, unless you're mounting it into a flush recess in a wall.
S1 should be 220mmx 220mm, converted to sq cm, which is 484.
S2 is 570mm x 570mm, again converted to sq cm, which is 3249 (for the simplest model).
L12 is 43.1 (in cm again). Double click on the letters "Exp" to change it to "Con" as well.
If you really want you can model the non expanding section as well, just make S3 = 3249 as well and L23 = 2cm, but I don't think it'll make much difference.

Vrc is 325mm x 325mm x 210mm, converted to litres, and with about 3 litres taken off for the volume occupied by the driver so about 19l net. Lrc you have right.

Vtc is basically the volume of the space in front of the cone, plus the airspace in the cutouts of the baffles. This will vary a little from driver to driver depending on cone profile and dustcap size/shape, but within reasonable limits you can estimate it without screwing up the model too badly. Try 1500cm^3 with Atc 522 as a rough start.

For splitting an existing design in half, you have to tell hornresp the actual values for the horn you're modelling, so divide all the areas and chamber volumes in half (but not the lengths) before entering them as well as adjusting Nd.

Hope this helps, and good luck,
David.

thank a lot David! very clear replies thats helps me to understand better what im doing!

this is the result with the mod data for dynacord horn:

not such great result!

big up DJK! stay strong!

_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:13pm
this is the horn plan suggested by djk how he sims with the prev data????

correct if im wrong but in the orginals data there are mixed inch and cm so likke mess!
I'd like to seem it as single driver, so i made some meas just about 1horn segment
orginal data posted by djk--->mine calcs
s1: 231 ->206,4cm^2
s2: 2050->1450 cm^2 (assuming as squared mouth)
con: 60 ->30,7 cm
s3: 3300 ->40703 cm^2
exp:24 ->11,5 cm
vrc:20 -->so this is about 1 driver?
lrc:16 -->so this is about 1 driver?
nd:2p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>