Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best of the shelf portable speaker?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best of the shelf portable speaker?
    Posted: 15 January 2016 at 9:37am
What's your favorite portable speaker?

Currently own a jawbone big jambox and im not too exicted about it. I have listened to the beolit 15 and its sound absolutley brilliant but its pretty pricey.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 10:18am
Bose sounddock I bought for the misses last year osnt too bad considering its Bose. £250 though!
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 11:10pm
The Minirig from Pasce, made by DaveyT! Brilliant sound, extreme durability and batterylife, premium build and fits in the bagpack, so it will always be with you.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 3:06am
+1 on minirig. cracking little speaker with a silly dumb long battery life. i went on holiday last year for two weeks... think i recharged it for an hour or two 2days before coming home!
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
sureal25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sureal25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 4:44pm
i know its JBL but i would love to hear the new Xtreme

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 5:44pm
jbl do some nice home stuff.....
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 9:58am
Avoid all JBL stuff if you are at all bothered about fidelity and enjoying the music. They produce bass but generally the HF in their products is awful. We tested the Xtreme and it is really harsh at 5kHz when you turn it up.. unbearably so. All the UE stuff lacks bass and generally sounds weak. Bose is bose... all highs and lows. 

The best is Minirig obviously... :)  but that aside, the next best budget speaker is the Denon Envaya Mini. The best sound for the price but terrible battery life - 3-4 hours average use. Further up the scale the B&O A2 is good although you need to add a bit of eq on you phone to get it sounding right. 

Check out oluvsgadgets for most in-depth look at the bluetooth speaker market. 
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 3:35am
@ Davey T.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdyY3jk4w0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdSyeDpC9NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_6IO8JK34

You should connect these links to your website. Oluv aka Clavinetjunkie on Youtube has some great video comparisons for Minirigs 2.1 set ups.

I have the JBL Xtreme and I can vouch for what you have said about the 5 kHz level. Also, its quite boosted around the 80-125 Hz level and Bass gets unnaturally boosted. 

After watching these comparative videos above, I am really getting frustrated that I can't get a hold of the Minirigs set up in India.

Do something Davey............. 
 Post Reply Post Reply