Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best scoops plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 9:20am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

well the Guys are on it,so get East London Bound soon and have a listen
take the track 'El Cid' Leftfield  with ya and hold onto something tight
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

will be done any day now

Yipeeeeee!!!

Any update on your DubSub build Mykey! You reckon before X-Mas ? I don't know: 'El Cid' Leftfield! What type of music is it ?

Edited by Tekasis - 26 November 2007 at 9:51am
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

i'm sure Tony A.S.S said that his 18" scoop design came from a scaled up version of the old JBL 15" scoop plan, you could do the same thing.

I have a nice 18" design, that I scaled from the JBL 15 version; it has some "modifications", that will allow it to drop deeper than standard scaled up versions with right drivers, but no one to build it.... Confused

Edited by levyte357 - 26 November 2007 at 5:17pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
wasup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 6:48am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

I have a nice 18" design, that I scaled from the JBL 15 version; it has some "modifications", that will allow it to drop deeper than standard scaled up versions with right drivers, but no one to build it.... Confused

Well hights to you! SO WHY NOT SHARE THEM? Go on post them for all .......Got to be better than waving them around like some carrot!

more time

andy
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 9:27am
Originally posted by wasup wasup wrote:

Well hights to you! SO WHY NOT SHARE THEM? Go on post them for all .......Got to be better than waving them around like some carrot!

more time

andy

Want to make sure it's not a load of crap first... LOL

Have asked 2x experts to look at plan, and they didnt see any glaring issues, so I'll get a prototype built, and if it sounds as expected, I "WILL" share it.
ILOVEMUSIC AKOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILOVEMUSIC AKOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 12:35am

Does anyone know how I can get detailed (cut pieces) plans for EV SH1810L- ER reverse sub scoop?

How about plans for the "Third Best Scoop" that someone mentioned on this board?

What are the top rated 18" speakers for scoops?

What are the top rated 15" speakers for scoops?

Playing mostly Reggae, R&B, and Soul!!!! 
I'm addicted to GOOD MUSIC!!
ToNy MoNtAnA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToNy MoNtAnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 12:57am

i'm sure Tony A.S.S said that his 18" scoop design came from a scaled up version of the old JBL 15" scoop plan, you could do the same thing.

If it beats the ASS RX18 or Shortman's full size 18 inch scoop, then your a genious.

The back baffle has to be pretty far back to drop deeper.

JBL scoops have a shallow chamber and seem to hit hard in the chest but don't go that deep.

Then again I find very deep 18 inch scoops don't hit the upper chest like a hammer which I love more than thunderous deep bass.

So personally 15 inch scoops with some kind of bandpass or double 18 inch reflex is the way to go, to get both types of bass really well.

Or 18 inch scoops with HD15's or USB horn above them.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 9:39am
Originally posted by ToNy MoNtAnA ToNy MoNtAnA wrote:

If it beats the ASS RX18 or Shortman's full size 18 inch scoop, then your a genious.

JBL scoops have a shallow chamber and seem to hit hard in the chest but don't go that deep.

Then again I find very deep 18 inch scoops don't hit the upper chest like a hammer which I love more than thunderous deep bass.

So personally 15 inch scoops with some kind of bandpass or double 18 inch reflex is the way to go, to get both types of bass really well.

Or 18 inch scoops with HD15's or USB horn above them.

LOL you better get your friends chain saw out Mr Montana, theres going to be some funeralsLOL or bonfiresClap
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 10:49am

Wrong.

Listen to Authentic RX18 + PD1850, or Super18 + right drivers to hear why.

For optimum Sub and SPL, the cab has to be designed around the driver, or the driver designed for the cab.

Very large chamber scoops will have drop deeply at high sensitivity, but sound flabby, and have much lower SPL, and blow drivers quickly due to high Xmax displacement.

Smaller chamber scoops will have best SPL, but are VERY,VERY specific about which drivers will perform optimally in them. I would say RX18+1850 is currently best of these.

Medium chamber scoops will have slightly less SPL, but greater range of drivers will perform well in them, with very deep sub.Shortman+Turbomax is currently best of these.

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 11:01am

Wrong.

LOL I knew that would wake you up!

Medium chamber scoops will have slightly less SPL, but greater range of drivers will perform well in them, with very deep sub.Shortman+Turbomax is currently best of these.

What about the v18-1200 ? You dropped them already ? A side by side test is still on the agenda!!!

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

What about the v18-1200 ? You dropped them already ? A side by side test is still on the agenda!!!

We already know V18-1200 in Shortman is in the Top 3, but V18-1200 efficiency/sensitivity lets it down. Remember when we compared it to 1850?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 11:29am
Vaguely - Do you/people (who's heard them) think that there's that much difference in the sound of the Turbomax 1200i's & PD1850 in deep chambered scoops ?
I personally couldn't make my mind up when I once heard them!
The T/max maybe will handle more power & abuse though.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2007 at 8:19am

Wrong.

Listen to Authentic RX18 + PD1850, or Super18 + right drivers to hear why.

For optimum Sub and SPL, the cab has to be designed around the driver, or the driver designed for the cab.

Very large chamber scoops will have drop deeply at high sensitivity, but sound flabby, and have much lower SPL, and blow drivers quickly due to high Xmax displacement.

Smaller chamber scoops will have best SPL, but are VERY,VERY specific about which drivers will perform optimally in them. I would say RX18+1850 is currently best of these.

Clap

Toxic, your at it again I seeLOL 

lev, can you put this up in big letters for me on the east side entrance of the Blackwall tunnel and rotherhithe tunnel please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>