Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BEST SPEAKER FOR HEAVY BASS REGGAE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:02pm
^^ Me too.
I guess excursion becomes a problem at 30hz.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

all scoops are different plus different amps and processing. Most roots dances i go to i dont hear or feel any 30-40hz. Alot of sounds virtually playing from 50hz up due to the amount of boost in the higher region. Even tho their hpf says 35hz etc its not there. Some people think if they see a graph its gospel. The graph only represents that individual and what he/she did during the measurement. 

Especially when a fairly common piece of sound man processing has +20db boost at 60hz

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

^^ Me too.
I guess excursion becomes a problem at 30hz.

I don't think so, pretty sure several sounds use 4th order BW at 30-35Hz without issue on those boxes. I also meant at the upper region, as it can be quite tricky to align with that much rotation in the time domain.

Edited by toastyghost - 19 January 2018 at 2:36pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 3:27pm
True about the upper part. Not familiar with the boxes, so can only speculate about the HPF.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:07pm
I use a 30hz 24BW HPF and a 70hz LR LPF on those boxes
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Sinai Sound Sinai Sound wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

all scoops are different plus different amps and processing. Most roots dances i go to i dont hear or feel any 30-40hz. Alot of sounds virtually playing from 50hz up due to the amount of boost in the higher region. Even tho their hpf says 35hz etc its not there. Some people think if they see a graph its gospel. The graph only represents that individual and what he/she did during the measurement. 

Especially when a fairly common piece of sound man processing has +20db boost at 60hz

Please list all sounds you know that do that, so I can make mental note, not to go to those dances..

Most Roots Reggae tunes, all the action is 40-55hz.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 8:56pm
play sum bashment plenty of action below 40  Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011