Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beyma 10MI100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliOLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beyma 10MI100
    Posted: 22 February 2016 at 9:24pm
Hey guys!
Anyone has experience with Beyma 10MI100 drivers? Im looking for midbass drivers to use in compact bassreflex box. In theory they should do the job, but before i bouht some, i want to be sure. I hope to get powerfull lowmid lets say down to 120Hz, can they really do that? Target is small events, 2 drivers per side
Thank you for yiu answers ;)

Edited by JuliOLT - 22 February 2016 at 9:25pm
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 10:00pm
I saw a picture of a load of the 8MI's from the guy from PCH audio on facebook the other day. Give him a message maybe! 
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 11:15pm
I have used the 8MI and 6MI inch from 500Hz to 3000Hz. Outstanding sound. VECTORSONICS 
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 8:34am
The 8M100, 12M100 and 15M100 have all been around years. Used lots of them and had great results.

The new 10M100 appears to be the same motor assembly and cone weight. I imagine it will be excellent. 

My favourite 10 is still my Volt's. 
Billy Dawg.
JuliOLT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliOLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 9:34am
Thx for replay :) 
Once i had Volt BM2500.5, they are excellent, but too pricey for this little project :(
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 9:46am
Yes they are excellent IMO. Pricey and really hard to get too.

20 plus years ago we used a lot of Beyma and sent them a Volt 10 as we needed an alternative ( not that bloody JBL). Eventually we got the 10M250. Used many of those. Not as good as the Volt for us, but a great 10". Mostly in 2x10 with HF.
Billy Dawg.
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by JuliOLT JuliOLT wrote:

Hey guys!
Anyone has experience with Beyma 10MI100 drivers? Im looking for midbass drivers to use in compact bassreflex box. In theory they should do the job, but before i bouht some, i want to be sure. I hope to get powerfull lowmid lets say down to 120Hz, can they really do that? Target is small events, 2 drivers per side
Thank you for yiu answers ;)

10MI100 is a mid driver well suited for hornloading, not BR and certainly not that low. In BR it will give a nasty peaky respons whatever the volume and/or tuning.
Really nice driver, but not for what you want do do with it.

Post Reply Post Reply