Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beyma TD-245 discontinued! What to use instead?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beyma TD-245 discontinued! What to use instead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 3:44pm
it's a bit taller, so it'll take up more room in the mouth in the xtro.. i'm not knowledgable enough to know if that'll interfere any more with the 15" section than the smaller horn would.
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 10:41am
Ive got 2 caire 12.00 SW punisher drivers the 4 ohm version for sale, £200 plus p+p

They will be available in about a weeks time....
mirenkoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirenkoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 8:12am
Hi,
Can you post me the pics of the speakers? How old they are and how long they were playing? On what amp. I'm interested i buying these. Thanks.

jeff67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:32pm
i'm going with eminence lt250 : http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-558
RichDigga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichDigga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 11:06am
Hi, did you end up using the TD164? Im in the same situation as you were when this was posted. What did you use and were you pleased with the result? Cheers
Rich
RichDigga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichDigga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Tarkovsky Tarkovsky wrote:

This horn looks right:
http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=BMATD164&browsemode=category - http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=BMATD164&browsemode=category

Anyone know how much modification will be required of the xtro to get it to fit?

Also, if the td-245 should suddenly become available, and I built two more xtros, would they place nice together?

Hi, did you end up using the TD164? Im in the same situation as you were when this was posted. What did you use and were you pleased with the result? Cheers
Rich
JACKTHETRIPPER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JACKTHETRIPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:24am
usefull info
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:39am
there's a faital one looks like a good substitute

http://www.faitalpro.com/products/schede/hrn.php?id=903010110

it's small, and 60°x50°
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

there's a faital one looks like a good substitute

http://www.faitalpro.com/products/schede/hrn.php?id=903010110

it's small, and 60°x50°
The size is quite similar, Faital Pro are offering a fair few horn flares at nice prices. We've starting stocking some of their stuff now, but finding it a little bit difficult to get a handle on which bits are the most popular. Feel free to let me know if there are any Faital bits you are interested in, it will help us decide our stocking plans in the future.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 10:05pm
I think I would go for the smallest smooth sounding 60x40 1" horn available and adapt the box, that makes more room for the 15" horn.

It has to go down to 2,5 khz though, but I think all horns do.
Can the 8" not be crossed higher? I cross my tms-2s higher all the time, now I'm at 3,46khz

Amazing 8" horns like the F1s should go up high enough to reach a bullit, however I haven't seen this combo anywhere, I wonder why, perhaps dispersion can not be controlled well enough with a bullit.

The question might seem a bit off topic, but one day I would like try to do a phaseplug with a bullit or a horn in the middle (with a tiny bms 4540nd), It might just happen, I did quite a few phaseplugs by now, but unfortunately I don't think the xt8 horn is big enough for that. This experiment could be an adventure within itself, plug end shape affects the horn a bit.

Edited by tv00 - 11 November 2013 at 10:06pm
Rekkah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rekkah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 12:25am
I know this thread is old hat but would the B&C ME201 work in the xtro? It has 90x60 dispersion.
http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=BACME20&browsemode=category
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12