Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BISHOP SOUND / Discuss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Danielr Danielr wrote:

Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

...explained that he wanted to bring affordable pa solutions to sound enthusiasts that didn’t have a lot of funds.
by getting them to spend all their limited funds on things that break fast?!!

Quite possibly. Just telling you what he said at the time, maybe he believes that... nothing would surprise me these days.

I always advise my customers to save up a bit more cash if they can rather than buy cheap, but then everyone has their own decisions to make.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by infrasound infrasound wrote:

Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by jimbo.. jimbo.. wrote:

It costs £200 dude

The 18"?

It tells me £315.  Confused

£200 UK
£315 EU

Ok, right. Still not worth wasting your money!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 12:44pm
Did some searching on alibaba.com

I found out that the Bishopsound 1500W 18" driver is manufactured by Ningbo Jiangbei Yong Rhyme Sound Technology Co Ltd.

The driver has the same product code number BWP18 as on the Bishopsound website. Looks identical too.

Minimum order quantity is 100 pieces.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Did some searching on alibaba.com

I found out that the Bishopsound 1500W 18" driver is manufactured by Ningbo Jiangbei Yong Rhyme Sound Technology Co Ltd.

The driver has the same product code number BWP18 as on the Bishopsound website. Looks identical too.

Minimum order quantity is 100 pieces.

I found that as well.....  US$72.00 each.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 1:13pm
Yes £53 each if you buy 100 pieces.
Danielr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:23pm
Now £53 is the kind of money I can take a punt on some people saying quality/longevity not awful if you don't drive it hard.

They also seem to do quite familiar looking line arrays... (at half the price...)
customer reviews are quite hilarious. - makes me wonder if he bought his old website from the same people.

Those who guessed Shenzhen were wrong. the answer we were looking for is Zhejiang...
Well, at least he covered them in British flags and pretended that they were made in the UK!

Edited by Danielr - 19 January 2021 at 2:24pm
jimbo.. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 4:54pm
Bloody hell, he's even used the same photos from the Alibaba advert LOL
I'm so glad a dusted off the old SP profile and did a post before purchase LOLLOL
Add "Harmonize soundz" on facebook....
DSB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 11:59am
The plan on the page for their BS1850 scoop looks somewhat familiar......

Carl Klinkenborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Klinkenborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2021 at 11:23am
The website has some hilarious errors. My favourite was: '...RMS = route means squared...'.

Edited by Carl Klinkenborg - 28 March 2021 at 11:24am
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Carl Klinkenborg Carl Klinkenborg wrote:

The website has some hilarious errors. My favourite was: '...RMS = route means squared...'.

IMHO, the whole site is an hilarious error.Wink
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
DangerDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 3:59am
this is the funniest thread i have read, im in the same boat as you, came here to check find out about Biship, on paper looks great. But the way everything is excluding VAT already pissed me off when they come across as being Robin Hood giving us great sound on a budget but then use photocopier salesmen tactics... Also they say their amps are cheaper than Crown, if you look at their passive subs, theres no passive crossover they tell you to use Speaker Management systems (another £300), their amps dont have DSP, a crown amp for £100 more in class will give you DSP to drive that sub, so another bs claim.
DangerDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 4:01am
come to think of it, if they were all built in the UK we would see loads of youtube videos of the factory instead of their cheesy vids
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>