Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bishopsound line array!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by VECTORDJ VECTORDJ wrote:

D class is junk. There I feel better now.......

And those boards aren´t cheap either! Bloody joke.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Earplug,why is the driver wearing a cheap travel-lodge shower hat in your photo? Big smile

Just got out the shower!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 11:39am
Do the math, you can have two secondhand t24 for around ±2500 euros (yes you need an k3 with it).
Or you go with >3000 euros of cheap line array crap...
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 2:49pm
As soon as this dropped into my inbox I knew it would be on here also!
To his credit, he has us discussing BS again (Bishop Sound) 
I do wonder how long it is before Disco Dave is hanging & running line array off some very dodgy trussing...just because its at a price they can afford, scary stuff 
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 5:12pm
on the 10" boxes in the Big Rigs section...

Uses

• Installation
  • Showmen rides
  • DJ monitoring
  • Wedge monitor
  • Side Fill
So not Big Rig then... as for the subs, they've sold over 3000! I nearly spat out my mint chocolate aero! and you can run them into clip and they're still fine... no mention of what they sound like when the red lights are going disco!

Do people actually buy this stuff? Flat Earthers? Big smile
blah blah blah blah blah......
Danielr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 6:07pm
If you look at the eBay auctions, apparently the Rolling Stones love them...

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2019 at 12:03pm
I have to say I doubt that you would do 800 with two t24's and two subs. 4 boxes. It would work if everyone was in a 3 mtr circle I guess. And you would be raggin the arse off them thermal compression would soon kick in. Maybe a school sports day with the head teacher talking for 2 hours.
The only 4 box solution would be to talk to Toasty about his jerico's and the B.C subs. Then it would really be 6 boxes. 4 clamped together.
I have been at an event with 4x t24's and 8 of the dual 15inch subs. 500 pax all powersoft.it was on the limit. Outside. Kick drum sounded sweet.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Do the math, you can have two secondhand t24 for around ±2500 euros (yes you need an k3 with it).
And, when you get the money for another pair, by changing the horns you can array them.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Or you go with >3000 euros of cheap line array crap...
Agreed and the resale value of this awesome line array ? Absolutely  fk all, total waste of money, however the uneducated who believe the bullshit about his product's being better than L acoustics  and loved by the Rolling stones will buy it by the shed load, we have had bullshit amp specs for years but these guys take it to a whole new level.
mojofilters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mojofilters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2019 at 9:11am
There's certainly some curious writing on that site. The pointed criticism of apparent competitors has a notably suspicious doth protest too much quality, though not being familiar with his product or even the "British" sound referenced frequently - it would be disingenuous to make assumptions.

For example, I'm not sure whether to feel reassured, or wonder why he's setting the bar so low for his much hyped quality products, when he feels the need to advertise that:

"All the cables fit in the correct sockets"

As a cautious and canny consumer, I'm sure I'd be happy to know some of his subwoofers are "purpose made". However as a carefree, casual observer who dabbled in DIY design before we had useful websites like this or resources such as WinISD, that description conjures up visions of crazy, impractical and accidental alternatives!

The proselytising against powered line array elements in the page linked to via the first post here, could appear a bit harsh on those folks who have been reasonably successful with their own powered products.

His strong preference expressed in favour of separating amps and speakers seems so passionate, it's like he caught Mr RCF in bed with his missus - so now it's become personal! It also seemingly serves to slightly undermine the pride and praise expressed elsewhere, in the ad copy for the various non-line array powered speakers he sells.

It's difficult to parse whether he's referring to meetings he himself had with Coda and Adamson, or simply internal meetings within those manufacturers - that has cleared up the pressing issue of whether they both think their current design approach sounds better and is easier to control

Either way, I guess it's reassuring to know there's an industry insider keeping us all properly informed. I've heard Brock Adamson can be particularly prickly, so it's good to know we don't have to worry about telling him his successful business had been doing such things wrong!

I'm pleased to say I'm not disappointed that Mr Bishop is putting the entire industry to rights, via his comprehensive research on the cutting edge of technology. I hope he continues his success, as with further hard work he may one day be able to upgrade his trusty Driverack PA2. 

Perhaps in time he'll be back to update us around the practicality and reliability of those newfangled amps with full on board DSP functionality? However there's the danger some big names will be left with red faces, should Mr Bishop keep pushing that envelope and  subsequently determine that processing should also be kept separate! 

I may be a bit out of touch with the modern speaker market, but his assertion that competing professional PA manufacturers mostly use inferior pressed steel driver chassis has a rather quaint, dated quality.

Similarly his statement that class D amps are "too slow" for use on subs as they "cannot keep up with repetitive bass" does not reflect my own experience using decent powered MI subs, popular third party options such as Powersoft and Lab Gruppen, the impressive Linea Research amps OEM'd for Danley, EM Acoustics and the latest Martin line arrays and monitors, nor the excellent proprietary solutions from folks such as d&b, L-Acoustics and Nexo.

Does he really build all those Bishopsound branded products here, as advertised and reinforced via the prominent Union Jack logos? 

If not presented as all his own work, I'd have taken an educated guess that his range of BS boxes are simply sourced and rebadged from various OEM suppliers - the kind of manufacturers supplying folks like Thomann, Studiospares etc, for their own brand inexpensive utility boxes.

I'd have no reason to be suspicious that his products were nothing but perfectly serviceable offerings at those particular price points, if it were not for the profligate hyperbole combined with rather limited spec details.

I can't criticise the quantity of work he appears to do. All the designing, building, creative writing, plus time apparently taken to support prospective and existing customers - it all sounds absolutely exhausting!

Finjby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finjby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2019 at 6:23pm
 His other venture Britishacoustics.com make a 2x10" powered line array.
Can't wait to climb up the back of that array mid-gig and swap one of those amp modules.... I will get my harness ready as I'm sure you will sell thousands of them.
Bet John Meyer is regretting making powered cabinets for over two decades based on your industry findings.

It's all woefull Mr Bishop, please stop it, sell up and retire, and do the industry you are so passionate about a massive favour.
It all reminds me of Rocky Norton/Production Services/ATG. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12