Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluearan rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

That's what should happen... but even fuel c9mpanies get greedy and hold out and make you pay through the nose even wen I drops down to 50 notes a barrel again (or there abouts)

..if we stopped pissing about in the middle East we wouldn't be here.

^^This, although I don't think this is the thread on which to get started on the subject!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

That's what should happen... but even fuel c9mpanies get greedy and hold out and make you pay through the nose even wen I drops down to 50 notes a barrel again (or there abouts)

..if we stopped pissing about in the middle East we wouldn't be here.

^^This, although I don't think this is the thread on which to get started on the subject!
Agreed... sorry.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Jack_The_Ripper Jack_The_Ripper wrote:

It might just be Blue Aran ripping customers off with postage, Amazon does the same you have to order more than £20 worth of goods to get free delivery and a lot of the time if you buy things that are small the postage can cost as much or sometimes more than the item costs itself. I was going to order a  quick charge 3.0 charging cable earlier this year which is £6.99 and yet postage was £8.99 so I didn't bother. That's Amazon sellers for you, a lot of them want to make a profit on items they sell and a huge profit margin on postage. A little 1.5 metre cable could be put in a jiffy bag and posted to me for as little as £2.

It's probably more likely that by keeping the item price as low as possible they hit the top of the sales results vs competitors, some people don't notice the extra postage at checkout and some might not even care. Most of course do, but it is a tactic aiming at gaming the people who don't I would guess.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:17pm
As a side note, from someone who did HGV for years:

If courier companies keep up the 100 drops and now 6/7 day model there will be an enormous accident when one of them falls asleep, then an enquiry, then Tachographs in Vans. Sodding outragous industry that needs regulation. Too cheap = disaster
It's everything, not everythink!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

please everyone use Royal Mail. being able to collect from a delivery office nearby is much better than waiting in all day for them to turn up. the shit service from every other courier is just not worth the few quid you might save. another great disaster of de-regulation and privatisation.

Absolutely no chance of me using Royal Frail/ParcelFarce again !!!

UPS is my fav courier for last 10 years.

DPD lost a genuine 18" Turbosound driver, first time I used them.Angry

+ 1 for UPS, never had a problem with them either.

And yes, DPD are a pile of inept muppets, they managed to lose a pair of drivers I bought on ebay, another pair I bought to be delivered via them arrived with one of the magnets smashed clean off the chassis despite being well packed. Yodel aren't much better, I bought an oak tv stand, so not exactly a small item, and they managed to lose that, to be fair though it did then turn up unexpectedly over a week late....Confused

Edited by njw - 16 June 2018 at 10:22pm
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:17am
As above. UPS all the way. Local DPD driver is actually very good though
It's everything, not everythink!
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:19am
Just had a package via DPD, no issues. That was the 18 quid for 30 kilos UK to Europe I mentioned. Hard to argue with a price like that, even if it's not the most reliable.

Edited by Hemisphere - 17 June 2018 at 11:19am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 12:02pm
When BA send me stuff via DPD, arrives no problem.

When I used DPD, they failed first time...

2 tier service for businesses/private individuals  !?

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 12:13pm
Or just bad luck, or (gasp) an error on your part perhaps?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

Or just bad luck, or (gasp) an error on your part perhaps?

I sent 4x parcels, they delivered 3x, lost 1x.

Just so happens 1x of those lost, was very rare Turbosound labelled 18" driver,  so was quite an expensive loss, and enough for me not to use them again.

Only tried DPD, as would be quite expensive using UPS to send the 4x 18" drivers..

Lesson learned..Wink

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 12:25pm
I used to rave about UPS, close on 2000 parcels over 10 years and never a serious problem...... Till  the day I sent 4 grills to someone. They arrived on time, no damage, job done. Then 2 weeks later they sent a bill (via Interparcel) for 50 quid. They said the parcel was oversize. They claimed it was 1.3m x 1.1m x 17cm.  From memory is was about 70cm x 50cm  x 2cm. 

I pointed out that if they were right a parcel that size full of grills would be in excess of 200kg, and that grills of that size would be on cabinets of a size that would be unusable from the point of "portability". 

I didn't pay it but the time I spent arguing about it was unbelievable. I would've been better off paying it.

The point is when you consider the millions of parcels that go via courier, the odd one has to go astray. I generally stay away from UPS these days, except for urgent stuff, when it absolutely has to arrive overnight.

On the point about cost of carriage, just bear in mind if someone walks into a shop and buys something it's all over. Something bought online  has to be packed, someone has to arrange dispatch, advise the customer it's on the way etc. It all costs.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 12:26pm
I wouldn't rule out preferential service for business customers though tbh. Not necessarily that they mark them up for careful handling, but that you know where you stand with a business that sends a lot of packages from one predictable location using the same packing methods, label formats and so on. The more predictable the customer the better they can be accommodated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>