Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BM2-D 440 v CDX1 1445/6 with SST1 horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BM2-D 440 v CDX1 1445/6 with SST1 horn
    Posted: 11 November 2013 at 9:28pm
Has anyone tried both? I remember someone on here used the bmd 440/sst1 combo, but cant find the post...

Anyway, the sst1's I have came out of Tapco 6912s and have a screw fitting, so these drivers are the 2 best options on a budget. Normally Beyma cd10fe would be my choice :) I would have thought the entry angles etc. would have been the same as the bolt mounted versions. Any ideas? 

My gut says the Celestion would sound better, but im worried about whether it would keep up. I plan to use them with 2x Celestion kt-100s for a really sensitive monitor. 

Sensitivity of the mids would be 101db at 2.83v 4 ohm (2x 95db at 8) so the tweeter should need to be padded down about 6db. 

Seeing as it could end up seeing over 200w at 8 ohm (400w program at 4u for the mids) the pad would only bring that down to 50w. Is that right, and could I get away with it?

The P Audio could definately take the power, but does it have the quality?

Edited by djslacka - 11 November 2013 at 9:45pm
Found used pd1850s!
djslacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 9:52pm
Found used pd1850s!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 10:38pm
In my opinion P-Audio products do not lack in quality. There are some people who claim only European built products are high enough quality, but we have made comparisons with P-Audio and found many (not necessarily all) of their products come out very favourably when compared with other leading brands.

You should be aware that P-Audio have been an OEM manufacturer since 1991, a lot of their business is making custom OEM parts for numerous well known international brands, some of which are regarded as being very high quality speaker manufacturers.

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
djslacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 10:47pm
I know P Audio are quality, had old model sn12bs for about 3 years now and nothing but happy with them! I didnt mean that to come off as running them down, but Celestion are known for the quality for their tweeters.

Actually, I just messaged Blue Aran a minute ago about the possibility of getting recones for the sn12b's, as I really do not want to part with them! 

Edit: Just remembered I also built a 12v for a mate with 2x P Audio e8 150s and a PHt 407 horn, again I was very happy with the results, I would recommend P Audio to anyone Smile

Edited by djslacka - 11 November 2013 at 10:53pm
Found used pd1850s!
djslacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 10:48pm
And from what I remember the the other member was happy with the P Audio/SST1 combo, just wish I could find the thread!
Found used pd1850s!
djslacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 10:51pm
Regarding what you said about OEM, i think both the 1445/6 and the BMD 440 are used in a fair amount of other boxes, is this the case?
Found used pd1850s!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by djslacka djslacka wrote:

Regarding what you said about OEM, i think both the 1445/6 and the BMD 440 are used in a fair amount of other boxes, is this the case?
I think you are probably right, it's the sort of information people try to keep quiet to some extent as manufacturers dont like people to know what parts they use to stop people making copies.

Celestion do supply a fair number of OEM parts too, so I wouldnt be surprised to see 'versions' of them in other boxes.
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 11:06pm

Actually, I just messaged Blue Aran a minute ago about the possibility of getting recones for the sn12b's, as I really do not want to part with them! 

These are going to be a special order part, assuming they still have the parts. It may be possible to get you some.
djslacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

These are going to be a special order part, assuming they still have the parts. It may be possible to get you some.

Good to know, any idea of a rough price?
Found used pd1850s!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

Good to know, any idea of a rough price?
Still waiting to find out if they can even do them!!!

djslacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 12:13am
LOL Fair play, let us know when you find out, I'm sure theres plenty of other forum members that would like to know as well Thumbs Up
Found used pd1850s!
kingkwak View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 8:04pm
BM-D 440 was used in the turbosound TXD and TCS range.
To much power? NEVER.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>