Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bring Back The System Into Sound System - March
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bring Back The System Into Sound System - March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUFFERER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 12:35pm
QSS - like i said originally im not showing bad mind against your event - it just happens to be under this thread this disscusion is taking place.

But can you really see promoters who actually book (pay) sound putting such sounds into a dance because they sounded good ina sound linkup?

QSS can you state a reason as to why only a few sounds are getting a chance to put there systems out there?

Again dont see this as negativity its just each one teach one.
Dub Defector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub Defector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 12:58pm

The whole thing was nothing but positive for us (apart from the lack of sleep!) ConfusedLOL

We learned allot through comparing our sound to others, it really helps to focus in on what is not working and to have something to compare and aspire to. Especially for us down here in Devon, there are very few sounds round these parts so meeting up is great. Nuff soundman in the place with comments and suggestions. Also good to get the opportunity to link up with SP members and get a little exposure. 

We did plenty of swapping things around on the night, mainly due to some technical issues but there wasn't really an opportunity to really compare the differences as it's more of a 'Dance' situation. The problems we had were a little stressful but the vibe was very friendly and supportive so it wasn't a big deal.. 

We really enjoyed the whole thing and are glad that our selection hit the right spot on the night even if the sound didn't! We didn't even really hit the Dubplate box that much. Wink

Thanks for the 'car booty' reference Fuzzy.. LOL actually not far from the truth.. what we haven't built ourselves we have picked up super cheap/secondhand and fixed and modded to suit (those peaveys are loaded with 2 x fane xbs each.. way more than the boxes can handle so it sound more than a bit rough thats for sure Dead).

We are already planning changes to our system to try to raise the overall quality.

Looking forward to the next one.

Big up Cutty again for pushing this forward 

Edited by Dub Defector - 18 March 2011 at 2:17pm
Rough Every Time... http://www.dubselector.co.uk
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Bush HB Bush HB wrote:

Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Bush u gotta remember that with us "newer less established" sounds it gets very exciting for us, playing alongside another 2 systems, its a wicked hype and at the same time nerves kicking in, trust me i couldnt sleep night before n mrs was gettin vex wid me blabbing on bout it

so for us getting feedback like "his bass was blah blah blah" is very uplifting, of course we also take in any feedback we get especially when it comes from experienced soundmen, ive made a few changes since last month all based on feedback and what i could hear myself, so inna way it is both a soundcheck and a chance to play dance and spread the vibes Thumbs Up

I agree with what your saying I know now it was a dance and not a means of testing the equipment
A man can big up your bass which can give you a false elution that you are ready to take on all comers only to find that you are left wanting when you come up against some one better.
Glad to see you have an open listening mind and will take in feedback and use it to better your sound reading some of the thing you find on these pages there's a lot of people who talk a good talk, but when you meet them some of them are just out of kinder garden and have no idea about sound or sound system but still on the page them run up dem mouth.Thumbs Up

respect Thumbs Up
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by SUFFERER SUFFERER wrote:

QSS - like i said originally im not showing bad mind against your event - it just happens to be under this thread this disscusion is taking place.

But can you really see promoters who actually book (pay) sound putting such sounds into a dance because they sounded good ina sound linkup? 
Ans:.... YES I CAN!  WHATCH THIS SPACE!!Wink

QSS can you state a reason as to why only a few sounds are getting a chance to put there systems out there?  
The promoters are like West Indies Cricket Board.. Old school, biased and only pick their friendsLOLLOL. Set in their ways and never look outside "the box"  

Again dont see this as negativity its just each one teach one. 
No negativity taken. Forums are for discussions. We might not agree all the time but we can all learn from each other. Bless
"Music is life"
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 3:39pm
QSS from me keep up the good works my friend, It's all good in the soundsystem world!!!

Peace.....................................Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

lookin forward to hearing some fane xbs.......not heard any for a while,used to use them for years also,still good for 800w a piece(esp in them boxes spanners!!!) as long as cut correctly,was act thinkin of gettin a pair to load up into for mine as most of my stuff is just 2 boxes in pubs etc(smaller places),defo a learning thing,thats the 4th time i have had my system in with other sounds,and have to say the first 3 times did have  problems(mic,phase issues,wrong drivers)even this 1 ran first tune  my gain controll on mixer just stopped working and had to swap to another channal and my volume pot on my noise effects fell off(and was very worried about my locktite gel drivers lol)LOLthats why these events are good for gettin sound out and running it "dance conditions"once you start bringing 4 scoops out with all the amps and mid highs and spares etc it gets tough,Trust me i got there last, and on arrive saw a massive pile of ASS one end and a big pile of red boxes the other  1  running and 1 nearly ready,that situation you can not prepare for unless its happeningShockedlooking forward to every ones in next heat,be good to hear more steve b boxes with a little more power/head room...........oh dear more spendsLOLgot a feeling spanners gonna be "tough" on selection,and mr QSS is gonna be as cerwin vega say"loud is beautiful if its clean"not that i am sayin you will sound like vega stuffLOL..............big up every 1 involved!!!!

Embarrassed   thanks Paulus..... as QSS said, love the networking/ linking bit o this ... meeting some REAL nice peeps.... like you said to me at last one mr p, van hire/ fuel cost/ trekking ALL well worth if your out to have fun! i is listening Wink Dan i has involved me in his 'tings' n feel he has enabled me to get boxes out (which has helped me test it out n see what needs attention), Dan i once said to me, best to work in teams, that stuck with me so me n Dan i gonna be selecting under the field frequency banner for 17th, this way i can repay dan for what hes done for me.... also enables me to come out front/ adjust when he playing his tune.... oh yeah and it takes two to lift dem g- subs for kick on top o them scoops LOL ..... draw for your tough ones dan (gonna do my best on that too, 4 u mr p) and dont forget your weetabix.     'loctite drivers' - massive respect..... love that, still making me chuckle.... GWAN
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:40pm
...... biggup tweet for keeping that 'shaka' vibe alive Thumbs Up
balistic_sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balistic_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:54pm
I take it you run your set 4 way then spanners.
Don't underestimate no sound!
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 12:30am
yes... well 5 really but no real need, split my horns and tweets
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 12:32am
niceThumbs Up
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
balistic_sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balistic_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 7:36am
Sounds like your one of the big boys then. We ain't veterans you no. We are the youngbloods in the business
Don't underestimate no sound!
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Tek how comes you couldnt make it? seen eachother about at a good few places now but havn't met up properly. would be good to link up Thumbs Up

Was in yard listening a few systems outdoors like Metro Media, Bass Oddysey etc...We'll link up soon.
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>