Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bring Back The System Into Sound System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bush HB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 10:54pm
[QUOTE=QSS]

No toasting means no pulling up tunes then playing the instumental/version and singing/toasting some lyrics.
MC's can intro tunes and build a vibes without this.

The fundamental part of a sound is the people behind the sound system singer, DJ's etc if you restrict that then you restrict the sound nothing wrong with a sound man expressing himself as long as it is according to the vibes that is happening on the day and the words spoken are meaningful and conscious take a leaf out of Jah Tubby's book Professor Natty from Tubby's sound has entertained an audience for years using the instrumental side of a tune, loose that and then it just people playing music no identity.

Edited by Bush HB - 01 January 2011 at 10:56pm
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:55pm
to be honest i dont get the "no toasting" rule, basically its saying when i play the vocal side to a track i cant play the version after, is this correct?  Confused
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by indicadubs indicadubs wrote:

tweeter you old man come to the studio, built enough riddims here for you to play

youthman me reach tomorrow
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:46am
ill make my way down for this hopefully, got any van space fuzzy?
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Bush HB Bush HB wrote:

Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

No toasting means no pulling up tunes then playing the instumental/version and singing/toasting some lyrics.
MC's can intro tunes and build a vibes without this.

The fundamental part of a sound is the people behind the sound system singer, DJ's etc if you restrict that then you restrict the sound nothing wrong with a sound man expressing himself as long as it is according to the vibes that is happening on the day and the words spoken are meaningful and conscious take a leaf out of Jah Tubby's book Professor Natty from Tubby's sound has entertained an audience for years using the instrumental side of a tune, loose that and then it just people playing music no identity.

[QUOTE=tweeter box]to be honest i dont get the "no toasting" rule, basically its saying when i play the vocal side to a track i cant play the version after, is this correct?  Confused

The rule dosen't say the version cannot be played, afterall they are a lot of wicked riddims out they that are nice without vocals. 
What we want to avoid is the nights turning into a MC clash or a kind of stage show.  Not that we have anything againts that. We grew up with and followed sounds like Jah Love, King Stur Gav, Stereo One and others like them who had MC's toasting all night and we love that, but just not for these events. Sometimes this also kills the vybe of a dance when not done properly. So we rather just avoid it totally.
"Music is life"
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:59am
I think the rules are ok ! why would youse expect them to be the same at every event ? we need to rise to the occasion and stop worrying about all this pettiness ! reggae music is reggae wether it be steppers roots rub a dub ska beat danechall or studio 1 . and when we stop dividing ourselves and realize this only then will our dances start to get back to the way it used to be sound system has been dead because of the we only play this or that way type of attitude !   anyway happy new year to all  LOL Heart
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 3:09pm
Thank you hi grade. Well said Clap 

This is one of the aims of these events, bringing sounds that play music with a reggae origin together

Edited by QSS - 02 January 2011 at 3:11pm
"Music is life"
dreadwise66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadwise66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:08pm
Dis ya a idiot ting if sound system ting a gwarn leave out de rule ting and mek everyone play music wha ya mean cant play dis an dat ? If me a play you cant tell me nothing me a play how me want, everysound shud have a toaster an selector otherwise a no sound no cd business records only all sounds should be BLACK dubstep a white man ting no true
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by dreadwise66 dreadwise66 wrote:

Dis ya a idiot ting if sound system ting a gwarn leave out de rule ting and mek everyone play music wha ya mean cant play dis an dat ? If me a play you cant tell me nothing me a play how me want, everysound shud have a toaster an selector otherwise a no sound no cd business records only all sounds should be BLACK dubstep a white man ting no true

why would you try mess with the mans thred like that ???? feel sorry for you bro but maybe you should trl lonely haerts ??? Angry
Real Vybz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Vybz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:17pm

It's people like you why the sound system business is the way it is now. Negative and narrow minded. you obviously are a coward as well, by creating a new username to hide your true identity.

We welcome everyones views and opinions but please keep it positive. I think you need to have a read of this new year message in the general section of the forum.

Quote qss

And it was written, that through the grace of the Most High, we have endured to see another chapter it the great book of life. And so the journey continues. Let us start again to love ourselves, and by so doing, we can start loving each other once more. 
My people, our future is in grave danger, but I remain optimistic, knowing JAH will never let his people carry more than we can bear.
This is the time to let go of all egos, envy, mallice and grudge, and let LOVE takes it rightful place in our hearts. Leaders, lets all change the world,

May 2011 bring you all love, joy, happiness, success and GOOD SOUND SYSTEMS

Happy New Year From The Qualitex Krew

Edited by Real Vybz - 02 January 2011 at 7:21pm
REAL VYBZ, REAL MUZIK, REAL SOUNDZ
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:41am
Dread'WISE'66 .. ... 'until the colour of a mans skin has no more significance then the colour of his eyes!'..... who said this Dreadwise? argue wid the man?

Anyway this Event looks Great, I think the rules suit the style. taking 14th feb hol so i can make it to this. ... . looking forward o meeting y'all. :) Jah

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Real Vybz Real Vybz wrote:

It's people like you why the sound system business is the way it is now. Negative and narrow minded. you obviously are a coward as well, by creating a new username to hide your true identity.

We welcome everyones views and opinions but please keep it positive. I think you need to have a read of this new year message in the general section of the forum.

Quote qss

And it was written, that through the grace of the Most High, we have endured to see another chapter it the great book of life. And so the journey continues. Let us start again to love ourselves, and by so doing, we can start loving each other once more. 
My people, our future is in grave danger, but I remain optimistic, knowing JAH will never let his people carry more than we can bear.
This is the time to let go of all egos, envy, mallice and grudge, and let LOVE takes it rightful place in our hearts. Leaders, lets all change the world,

May 2011 bring you all love, joy, happiness, success and GOOD SOUND SYSTEMS

Happy New Year From The Qualitex Krew

ClapThumbs Up
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>