Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bristol Clash - RC1 v Void by NPA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 2:43am
A quick question to Jon or Kyle.

How was it worked out who would play in what position within the venue?

Was it a who arrives first get's to choose. Or did the promoter pre arrange where each system would be located.

I would have though that if there was a known location within a venue that possibly didn't allow a system to play to its full potential, then ideally both systems should have tossed a coin on who got to play there. To me this seems the only fair way to do it.

gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 5:00am
Tbh, I would place those Incubus tops few meters further from the audience and I dont think its doable there. Pointing inwards, not outwards. RC1s have multiple tops which is better for dispersion coverage and stereo.
Cant pass through physics of building walls

Edited by gen0me - 26 December 2017 at 5:47am
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Aman Gebru Aman Gebru wrote:

A quick question to Jon or Kyle.

How was it worked out who would play in what position within the venue?

Was it a who arrives first get's to choose. Or did the promoter pre arrange where each system would be located.

I would have though that if there was a known location within a venue that possibly didn't allow a system to play to its full potential, then ideally both systems should have tossed a coin on who got to play there. To me this seems the only fair way to do it.

We got there first, Jon actually chose the spot Kyle got but then decided to move as there was sockets on the wall making plugging in the active cooling easy, we had no issues with either spot to be honest.
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 9:38am
Thanks for clearing that up, sounds fair enough.

Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 9:47am
Funky hybrid hairsplitting aside, this was effectively a horns vs reflex clash right?

I don't see how horns can win against reflex when both systems have more headroom than they're able to use.

Seem to remember it was the same story when Government (reflex rig) clashed with a big scoop rig a while back.

Obviously operation and system design has a big hand in getting a reflex based system to give the sort of force needed to beat a top horn system - you couldn't just pile up a stack of reflex - but if you know what you're doing it seems lower sensitivity rigs will have an edge in clash.

Reflex bass behaves better in a less than optimal environment for a start.

Edited by Hemisphere - 26 December 2017 at 9:57am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Aman Gebru Aman Gebru wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up, sounds fair enough.

No probs 😀
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 10:36am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

So you basically put out your reputation in a hand of a random drunk and drugged punters that know shit about good sound.

In my book losing or wining has absolutely no importance here. Neither will hurt Void as a brand nor it will help RC1 making any substantial business.
Dub and reggae is so small market that if you make it your main target, you better throw the money in to the toilet.

One sound system can have 100 of their friends there and literally pay them to yell as loud as they can.
Having crowd loudness as only criteria is a very moot point.

Wow, no one even thought of paying people to scream, yes Dub and Reggae are relatively small markets but both Rc1 and Neuron cater for many other forms of music, I also feel the shoutometer was not ideal but you clearly have no idea  how the UK Music scene works. `random drunk and drugged up punter's who know shit about good sound` how about hardenedfollowersofdub, reggae,Dnb, EDM etc who follow these systems because they actually know how their music should sound and that these systems reproduce it correctly, and these people you have insulted pay on the door and make it all possible.

Edited by concept-10 - 26 December 2017 at 10:40am
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:18am
I drove in & out of Bristol right past the Trinity expecting to see miles of fallen roof tiles & shattered windows the dust still settling with a grey pall to the atmosphere, stunned residents roaming the streets clutching their ears, the Angels from the club house down the road looking dazed.  Traffic chaos with the local electricity substation a mass of charred & smouldering transformers, emergency generators being plumbed in, soup kitchens feeding the needy,    Roadblocks even with emergency services the police and army on full alert.

Maybe next time...

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 12:10pm
ford's disappointed..
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 2:20pm
Why didnt they set up at opposite ends of the venue seeing as its a rectangle. Would have given a comparison on coverage then.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Why didnt they set up at opposite ends of the venue seeing as its a rectangle. Would have given a comparison on coverage then.

Fire exits
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

I was thinking the same.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>