Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bullet Tweeters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 3:30pm
Chaplin (Love Attraction) has some of those on his set and they do sound nice. Better than the intimidation ones!
"Music is life"
IB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 4:58pm
[/QUOTE]

Even the former industry standard 2402 would only play down to 3khz,and was rated at 40 watts.

[/QUOTE]

What is coinsidered industry standard these days?
Big Head's Hifi.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 5:39pm
Dont know......dont think there is one any more? .the Fane version of it is also no longer available i believe....even JBL themselves now use a Selenium bullet tweeter in their club/dance stack.

Edit...these ones.
http://www.muzyczny.net/selenium/product.php?id_product=43&id_lang=4

Also available in black.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-450

Edited by jbl_man - 13 January 2012 at 5:47pm
Be seeing you.
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:04pm
Ras I, how many 2402'2 per box?
Do U burn a lot? often?

Never had a prob meself & I use 16 crossed at 7KHz...
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

Ras I, how many 2402'2 per box?
Do U burn a lot? often?

Never had a prob meself & I use 16 crossed at 7KHz...

We had 16 too, 8 boxes with 2 in each box, didn't have a problem really. Over a period of 10 years only had 4 go, which we didn't repair due to the cost of genuine JBL diaphrams. So in the end just replaced them all with the Boss ones, which we got brand new with the money from selling the JBLs and had cash left overWink
Sun Sun Sun
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

Chaplin (Love Attraction) has some of those on his set and they do sound nice. Better than the intimidation ones!

aah i member seein em at london bridge n thought they were jbl

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Dont know......dont think there is one any more? .the Fane version of it is also no longer available i believe....even JBL themselves now use a Selenium bullet tweeter in their club/dance stack.

Edit...these ones.
http://www.muzyczny.net/selenium/product.php?id_product=43&id_lang=4

Also available in black.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-450

now these look interesting, 100w rms n a decent price aswell Clap
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 7:30pm
Ian, my friend, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the 2402 only going to 15k. Is that right?
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 7:46pm
Yep!
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Ian, my friend, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the 2402 only going to 15k. Is that right?

This is why I said the Boss tweeters is better for us, because we like the high sizzle 18-20khz (not saying they are better than the jbls, OH NO!!!......They are just better for usWink
Sun Sun Sun
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

This is why I said the Boss tweeters is better for us, because we like the high sizzle 18-20khz (not saying they are better than the jbls, OH NO!!!......They are just better for usWink

I guess for the price they do look appealing, might jus try one out if they can be had in the Uk

same with the Selenium gonna try n get a single to test

cheers for the suggestions chaps Clap
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2012 at 9:30am
Correct Tony,if you wanted the real 21k extention,you needed the 2405 slot tweeter,with its lighter more delicate diaphragm.

Good idea Tweets,see if you can get hold of a Boss and a  Selenium,and give us all a report?..as you say,they arnt expensive,so its worth a go.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>