Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cab for electrovoice EVM-15L

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cab for electrovoice EVM-15L
    Posted: 18 November 2007 at 11:03pm
Can anybody recommend a suitable cabinet for a single electrovoice EVM 15L driver? plan to use for upper bass.
100% Earth Moving Bass
wasup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 3:40pm
Couldnt you put the parimiters of the speaker inquestion in winisd or something like that and work from there?
I made an enclosed cab of about 100 liters and changed the volume by ear to suit what i wanted!I did it by filling it up slowley with A MATERIAL ..... LOL ok maybe not the best way to go but i do think i got what i wanted and yes they sound sweat!  ofcourse subjective i know....
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 5:28pm
I guess you'll end up with a reflex cab, in which case choose your size and tune it. You could also go on to the EV site to see whether they still have a cab using that speaker. If you choose a folded horn cab which I think that speaker might take, then you'll have a wider choice of speaker. The speaker is an old one so it won't handle much power.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 6:54pm
Yeah I thought maybe a reflex cab, or somthing like an HD15? As Tony said they are old and only 200 watt so I'm not expecting anything amazing but they sound quite nice and I thought I'd give them somthing to do other than collecting dust!
100% Earth Moving Bass
wasup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 8:02pm
The ones i have are 400 watts! Dont you have w bins? eliminators? They are suposed to be like HD 15......Well they was used in them alot............

GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 1:12am
I did think about putting them in the W bins but was advised against it by somebody on here a while back. It was suggested that the cones were too light and they would end up wrecked.
100% Earth Moving Bass
wasup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 4:47am
Originally posted by GAZ. GAZ. wrote:

I did think about putting them in the W bins but was advised against it by somebody on here a while back. It was suggested that the cones were too light and they would end up wrecked.
Ok gaz thats more than likley good advice ! I mean i dont have enough experience to say otherwise...But they was always used in the eliminator w bins...infact when i bought mine they also had them in....The guy said they was all blown BUT they where not..The cone was loose just in the area of the coil so i glued them back and they are ok ...
This is from what i have heard, happens with them when driven wrongly or to hard....

Alot of the older guys will tell you they sound sweat aswell! Well they do so why not use them!
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 10:35am
http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970's-lf-plans/enclosures09.jpg
The mounting hole and bolt circle will be different on the EV.

Edited by _djk_ - 20 November 2007 at 10:36am
djk
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 11:56am

Worth mentioning...the Eliminator w bin should be fitted with the EVM-15B ,which is the bass version of the EVM15L...both drivers look alike,but the response of the "b" version is lower.

Be seeing you.
wasup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Worth mentioning...the Eliminator w bin should be fitted with the EVM-15B ,which is the bass version of the EVM15L...both drivers look alike,but the response of the "b" version is lower.

Hey big up to you ! And i hear you loud and clear....When i bought mine i had both in them L and B.... if you read the eliminator manual it also says 15B but when i look on the spec sheets of both drivers side by side they go as low as each other!!! Ok i maybe missing something ...am sure i am ! I mean to say the fs is the same!http://www.selfmadehifi.de/tsp/para_e.htm

Also the QTS of the ev15/L is lower which according to ROGERS explination page would give better base............
Again i am treading carfully here as i havent really got that much of a clue perhaps a chance for someone to enlighten me????

more time
ANdy

just found this link to a box for the l or b on some old forums it is spoken of highly..

Edited by wasup - 25 November 2007 at 6:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply