Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can G-SUBs do techno???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionsPaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 1:08pm
Yeah they can do sub too, we have this combination because if we are only doing a small rental we don't take the rhinos and use the gsubs as subs, but when it needs to be a bit louder we take the rhinos too. Can't afford another dedicated kick bin so thats the set up, and it does the job well for what we use it for.

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

G-sub-alike box can go lower then the rino for sure with the right drivers inside.

mm we've compared the rhino and gsub both xp loaded of the same amp and the difference in volume and lower notes was huge. But either way it doesn't really matter, this is the set up we have i was just wondering if there is a way to make the best of it for techno.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 1:43pm
What was the difference then? Which one sounds better/louder?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
LionsPaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionsPaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:20pm
Oh sorry, rhino. Mainly in the lower notes but the difference is more than easily noticeable. They seem almost louder in the lower notes than the higher which is why we put the gsub in above
electricyeti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricyeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 9:18am
hey torch1, I'm thinking of building some half g-subs as the full 2x18 could cause tranportation issues for my compact rig. What kind of modifications did you do to the stock design aside from simply cutting it in half down the middle? Driver recommendations welcome as I'm a newbie! Embarrassed
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 9:36am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I never really get the idea of using double 18s as a kick box. Sure they can do it, but hey.. they can do the sub too. So why the need? G-sub-alike box can go lower then the rino for sure with the right drivers inside.

Agreed, but: As a modular sysem, then you can just take the 2x18's to do a wine bar etc. Nice height, 4r smaller amp. So the compromise is worth it IMHO. Although I'm also agreed on the Rhino, it actually does kick OK, more attack than usual mini. More an aesthetics issue here maybe?

Edited by The Builder - 19 August 2011 at 9:37am
It just is.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 9:49am
Double 18" box (Gsub is just one of loads of variations) is the workhorse of the P.A. industry because it can do everything well.

Loaded with decent drivers and not just the cheapest cack out there then they really can do a great job.

At a recent 4 rig roots evening I actually thought that the rig with the twin 18" reflexes pee'd over the other rigs in bass quality.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

At a recent 4 rig roots evening I actually thought that the rig with the twin 18" reflexes pee'd over the other rigs in bass quality.

Tony

Thumbs Up

Peace........................ Big smile

Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 12:03am
tony what types of bass cabs were the other rigs made up of.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 8:35am
There were scoops and err scoops and more scoops :)

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 8:46am

There is enough demand just on this forum, for twin 18 reflex, especially the G sub so I cant understand why flat packs aren't readily available. If you have look at the wanted section, they are always requested, and in the sales section they get snapped up very quickly (even if they are, like recently, priced over the top..)

nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by supremesoundz supremesoundz wrote:

There is enough demand just on this forum, for twin 18 reflex, especially the G sub so I cant understand why flat packs aren't readily available. If you have look at the wanted section, they are always requested, and in the sales section they get snapped up very quickly (even if they are, like recently, priced over the top..)

yeh dj conmans £900 pair... way over priced.... i think hethrow b line builds them new for £250.... but look at the plans, they cant be that hard to nock up....when ive settled into the new house "and i now have a garage" im gunna attempt t nock a couple up!
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by supremesoundz supremesoundz wrote:

There is enough demand just on this forum, for twin 18 reflex, especially the G sub so I cant understand why flat packs aren't readily available.

Very good point, however, in our case for example, the standard G sub, (tuned for the right driver) was'nt too effective in what we required on our bottom end (roots bass!!), alot of work & time was spent on the ports & litre capacity within the cab!!!....... & trust me,  it defies all logics!!!!

But for me I'm a reflex speaker box admirer, we're always happy when we surprise peps with what we produce from our G subs in the roots world................ LOL

Peace......................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>