Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can martin 215 mk3 or f2b keep up with es18 or usb
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can martin 215 mk3 or f2b keep up with es18 or usb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by SMP SMP wrote:

I do not like Deltamax either( No surprise there eh?)

Ha ha Charles. Yes, NO suprise.

Anyway back to the OP!! Martin 215 Vs ES18 or USB. At 80Hz... yes!!!

Billy Dawg.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2014 at 10:28pm
can i ask what size cab is the stretched f2b?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 10:42am
No, you have exceeded your post number. Big smile
music is the message
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 5:52pm
The photo posted by "Toastyghost" was of Torhout in Belgium in 1994. The same system was also used in the sister Belgium festival known as Werchter.

I went to Belgium with some friends for the festival, and I can remember being in the crowd of perhaps around 50,000 people (held in a natural bowl similar in size to Glastonbury main stage)and when one of the bands set was finishing (I cant remember which band I'm afraid), on the final drum beat of the final drum roll, the drum beat hit you in the chest so hard that everybody round me almost jumped with shock, and then everybody started looking at each other and laughing.

I have never heard anything like that before or since.

I dug out an old copy of Pro Sound News dated August 1994 (I have only written an excerpt as it is a long article)and it states:

"Torhout and Werchter 1994 saw the largest Martin F2 PA ever assembled, flown in a new flying system especially developed for the event by EML. Much of the PA was supplied by EML themselves, with additional F2 stacks coming in from Ampco in Holland and Capital Sound in London.

EML's typical arena array comprises a centre block of bass, four columns wide. Either side of that are a further four columns arranged from left to right as high, mid, high, mid. Here that entire configuration was flown from Stageco's massive wing structures.

Two wings of this system delivered a total of 220kW. The whole of the FOH system is powered by Crest amplification.

After playing to 50,000 fans at Torhout near Ostend on Saturday the production and management team transfers the entire artist lineup, and the sound and lighting production, overnight to Werchter, some 150km further inland near Brussels."
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 6:22pm
Fook Me  - 220KW and silly sensitive! That has he potential to rearrange your insides.....
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 6:37pm
Yeah,i agree with you there Matt....looking at the figures,average sensitivity figures of around 108db/w/m,then times 220kw's worth,equals some serious sound levels!

http://www.martin-audio.com/archivedproducts/datasheets/F2systemdatasheet.pdf
Be seeing you.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

The photo posted by "Toastyghost" was of Torhout in Belgium in 1994. The same system was also used in the sister Belgium festival known as Werchter.

I went to Belgium with some friends for the festival, and I can remember being in the crowd of perhaps around 50,000 people (held in a natural bowl similar in size to Glastonbury main stage)and when one of the bands set was finishing (I cant remember which band I'm afraid), on the final drum beat of the final drum roll, the drum beat hit you in the chest so hard that everybody round me almost jumped with shock, and then everybody started looking at each other and laughing.

I have never heard anything like that before or since.

I dug out an old copy of Pro Sound News dated August 1994 (I have only written an excerpt as it is a long article)and it states:

"Torhout and Werchter 1994 saw the largest Martin F2 PA ever assembled, flown in a new flying system especially developed for the event by EML. Much of the PA was supplied by EML themselves, with additional F2 stacks coming in from Ampco in Holland and Capital Sound in London.

EML's typical arena array comprises a centre block of bass, four columns wide. Either side of that are a further four columns arranged from left to right as high, mid, high, mid. Here that entire configuration was flown from Stageco's massive wing structures.

Two wings of this system delivered a total of 220kW. The whole of the FOH system is powered by Crest amplification.

After playing to 50,000 fans at Torhout near Ostend on Saturday the production and management team transfers the entire artist lineup, and the sound and lighting production, overnight to Werchter, some 150km further inland near Brussels."

prodigy played in 94? they tripped the powerLOL
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 7:44pm
The Prodigy played on the second (smaller) stage which was an EAW KF850 system.

They played in the middle of the afternoon.

The organisers "flip-flopped" between the two stages to allow time for each band to set-up.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Yeah,i agree with you there Matt....looking at the figures,average sensitivity figures of around 108db/w/m,then times 220kw's worth,equals some serious sound levels!

http://www.martin-audio.com/archivedproducts/datasheets/F2systemdatasheet.pdf

So that's seven squillion decibels of honking then!

I'll get my coat.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 8:28pm

burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2014 at 10:37am
LOL
music is the message
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 2:04pm
While we are on the subject of "honking"--should we give the HD15 cabinet the nickname of Canada Goose!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>