Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can martin 215 mk3 or f2b keep up with es18 or usb
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can martin 215 mk3 or f2b keep up with es18 or usb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

While we are on the subject of "honking"--should we give the HD15 cabinet the nickname of Canada Goose!!!

^ Very true!
Be seeing you.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

While we are on the subject of "honking"--should we give the HD15 cabinet the nickname of Canada Goose!!!

^ Very true!

With PD in, totally agree. The Fane XB in it is quite nice though.
robdoessound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdoessound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:09pm
Hi Robbo,

Just seen this post and thought I'd get in touch as I believe I'm now the proud owner of four of the F2Bs and F1s. I purchased them from the theatre tech. 

What a system! So clear and just amazing. I've got two rubbing drivers in one of the F2Bs that only really get a bit funky when it's driven *really* hard.

Until I purchased them, I was running a Mackie active system, which did the job and has been an absolute work horse. I intend to keep it for places where the Martin system won't fit (i.e. up small stairs or anywhere I'd have to lift the damn things...).

First gig I used them on was "We Will Rock You" at a local school. Funny how history has a habit of repeating itself. 

Rob
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:18pm
Hi Rob.... Not much cop these old boxes these day's... good for firewood only really.... If you need someone to take them to the skip for you?... Wink
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdoessound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:19pm
Haha, yeah... sure.... I'll pay you to take them away!
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:21pm
Well if you must!! LOL

Welcome to the forum by the way! I have the exact same system and would love to hear 4 stacks of it together...hint hint

Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdoessound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:23pm
Maybe we could arrange that... got any gigs coming up that you could use an extra tech and a PA for? :-D
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:24pm
Where are you based Rob?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdoessound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:25pm
Bournemouth, how about you?
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:30pm
Stroud Gloucestershire, bit of a trek! but not the worst.

If you want to get your drivers sorted properly. Speak to Toby at ATC  01285 760561, lovely chap and at the top of his game. Worth getting it repaired by the guys that made them in the first place..

Edited by Jimmer - 07 April 2015 at 10:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdoessound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:37pm
I had the same conversation with the chap who sold them to me and he gave me those very deets. I've got the quote, just need to wait for my bank balance to recover a little bit before I can afford to eat to get them repaired.

Keep in touch, dude, would be good to reunite the systems and make a lot of noise at some point. 
Arcy12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 3:46pm
what are the better drives for in the es18 if used between 70-80hz and 170-190hz?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>