Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can martin 215 mk3 or f2b keep up with es18 or usb
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can martin 215 mk3 or f2b keep up with es18 or usb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:29am
You got the carpet covered ones from the Isle of Wight then
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:31am
The very ones, still got the carpet on for now, been too lazy to strip it all off, sand them down and repaint them Embarrassed
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:40am
Yeah-- it will be a big job on those but worth it as they do perform rather well--we even used one as a drum riser years ago.
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:50am
Should of done it in the summer when had the chance, very little time to get on with it now the weathers turned and only having weekends where can work on bits in daylight, so will have to wait til next year now.

Up to now only ever had two 2 out a time, hooked up to a channel each of a cmark 2650, which on paper can only just give them rms power. Never had any complaints they are not loud enough, really warm kick, alot smoother then what you can from say a usb.
In a month though, taking all four out and on some proper power, see if can take some heads off.Wink

Remember seeing another member having some, and saying they come alive in stacks of 3+

Edited by Twiggy - 15 November 2014 at 11:53am
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 12:29pm
Shame there aren't more of the F1/F2 cabinets around these days. I read somewhere a while back that production companies preferred Turbosounds tms/flash/flood (can't remember which) at the time, is that just because of the tour packing or flying system or something?
DJ BobbyT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ BobbyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 12:30pm
Hello to All I Am new Here But I Will say I Have heard the (F2B'S) Back in the Days they "were Great sounding Speakers.i am trying to build a set of 186 Horn right now hoping i can get the lows i remember hearing back then.by the way ""TWIGGY""Yes i do have a problem with Reading A RULER I GUESS.i do try and be as accurate i i can be.so thank you for the "chair & the wip!!.
ruelectrical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ruelectrical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:11pm
This is the best and most interesting thread for months !!!!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by ruelectrical ruelectrical wrote:

This is the best and most interesting thread for months !!!!

Every now and again there is the occasional intelligent thread about speakers!
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:17pm
can the F2B's handle modern prerecorded music as well as the live/band genre?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:23pm
LOL
music is the message
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:23pm
As long as you have some real brute drivers in there they will handle anything you can chuck at them--actually, just thinking that I still have some original ATC 15" drivers for them knocking about somewhere in the depths of the garage.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

can the F2B's handle modern prerecorded music as well as the live/band genre?

That is the single most important question, probably needs two answers, ATC loaded and otherwise.
 I remember being disapointed in a big way putting Dubstep through T18, and modern house through Martin 115 and JBL4560.
 Those cabs not having the same pedegree as F2B I know (before someone needs to point it out)Big smile
 Nostalgia can colour things..
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>