Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carnival, Somerset style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carnival, Somerset style
    Posted: 19 September 2015 at 9:37pm
so this is what 'Carnival' always meant to be, great tradition down here. Not so much rig [not a single one sounded particularly good at all], but lorry based scenes with music costumes and a bit of fun. Pretty boring as an adult but the kids loved it.

one of the majorette 'rigs'

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 10:29pm
I went to that last year, north petherton illuminated carnival, at least that's where I saw it, does a little tour in a few towns doesn't it? No speaker pics on my pictures but there wasn't much, but certainly an interesting carnival none the less

image hosting

image hosting free

image hosting 30 mb
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 10:35pm
they have a season, carnivals all over the South, with the 'final' at Bridgwater where they have absolutely loads of floats! I was in Frome my hometown, not that big at all sadly - used to have loads more going on.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 10:38pm
I think they had around 100 floats when I went last year, to be honest though that was more than enough when your freezing your ass off standing there, although all of those bulbs certainly give off a lot of heat
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2015 at 8:27am
none of them care about the sound really. Most of them are bodged disco systems with shed loads of horns. Or loads of active boxes everywhere.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply