Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CCTV for workshop anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCTV for workshop anyone?
    Posted: 04 November 2019 at 11:08pm
So we have an alarm system with Chubb and their Redcare package which calls someone when the alarm is triggered. 

The other night it went off at 2am so I get out of bed and grumble my way in to the city centre. False alarm, rats or something, then it does it again at 3:30am... very dull.

So... can anyone point me in the right direction for some kind of camera thing that allows multiple users to view cameras remotely to see if it's the rats or someone pulling the ram bar off the wall?
blah blah blah blah blah......
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 8:46am
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 1:31pm
Its not bad, the screws in the camera brackets are crap, picture is quite good.  Not used the app yet
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 12:33am
personally I would buy a Synology NAS device and few IP cams, you'll need a POE switch, if you have internet (or a 3/4G router) you can remote view, you can trigger Floodlights (Ideally Lamps, not stacks) have email alerts and also it doubles as a remote Data-Safe for your PC/Mac. 

It is not the cheapest route, but a couple of GOOD Axis or similar dome cams and a NAS is a better option than 4 or 8 appalling bullet cams, obvious with a a bit of ingenuity you hide the crap out of the NAS and have a £30 ebay DVR lit up and on display to get lifted...

I have done a lot of CCTV installs and found a couple of decent cams  (I only use Dome) and a pile of crappers gets you the best results.

I always get a small UPS (kill the bleeper) even a £30 of ebay will hold up a router, switch and NAS for an hour and make a nice job.

If you want to trigger light Axis cameras have that built in so buy at least 1 of them (use an SSR to actually turn the light on, and use LED floods as Halogen don't work (they never did, 10 lamps an month) and Halide won't re-strike quick enough) 

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply