Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cerwin Vega in 1850??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerwin4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cerwin Vega in 1850??
    Posted: 26 October 2012 at 10:22am
Hello!
 I just got hold of 2pair of CW 188EB. Does they work well in foldedhorn like the 1850???
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 6:54pm
Without knowing the T/M Specs it is hard to say.  The internet has pretty limited info about that driver, but I only looked for a second.  The 1850 is supposed to pretty particular about High EBP (125+) and BL (28+).  If you can confirm that it meets those, there is a good chance it would work well, but if you can't find the specs, then you would just be taking your chances and it might wreck your drivers, and then it would be hard to recone properly because you still won't have the specs and those appear to be vintage speakers.
cerwin4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerwin4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 8:59am
The data i got so far is: 

188EB specs (from CV)
Freq resp- 38hz-15khz
power handling- 250 watts RMS
Sensitivity 105db
max spl 126 db
HF driver JMH-1
LF driver 188EB 3" voice coil, cast frame
Impedance 8 ohm
Enclosure- vented direct radiating
Application Fixed PA and disco
Circa 1979
MSRP 675.00

And this:

Fs 46
Vas(L) 200
Re 6.20
Qms 1.556
Q 0.364
Qts 0.295
Mms (g) 84.4
BL 4.20 have even find the value 20.384
Sd(mm2) 1000
M MRF  18.077 (Grams)

I found the most of the info here:  http://www.petoindominique.fr/php/mysql_thiele_seul.php?hp=4028 - http://www.petoindominique.fr/php/mysql_thiele_seul.php?hp=4028

I hope i got u the data u need tho see if it willl work well in a MS18-MK3 or the 1850.

b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 11:32am
For 1850, the EBP works at 126, but the BL at 20 is a bit lower than recommended for 1850.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 12:26pm
There is nothing wrong with a BL Factor of 20 considering the values of the other parameters.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerwin4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 10:51am
Okay. But would the MS-18MK3 also work(easier and cheaper to build). This is the plans for the MS-18  :  http://hornplans.free.fr/ms18. - http://hornplans.free.fr/ms18.html it is a scoop and not a foldedhorn.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 4:28pm
Ok,this is getting a bit silly now.

Starting lots of different threads,all asking if this or that cabinet is suitable for a cheap 188EB driver is getting tiresome.

Lots of people on here have tried to give you advice,i told you a while back,the 188EB is only a cheap budget driver,its simply isnt worth the time or effort building it into an expensive 1850 horn.

Be seeing you.
organised confusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organised confusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 11:16am
I don't see the point in using a driver that is 250w rms in such a big and heavy box?
This account is used by various people.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerwin4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 11:58pm
Hm okay im a big ass having sex IDIOT that doesnt know shit about loudspeakers. I bougt my CW 188EB 18" and think i buy something good. But now i have learnt that these bass is useless shit that maybe would work ass paperweights. Thats not so fun guess i would be banned know but whatever anyone here would help me eightersom. I turner into this forums hater object number 1 ! The only thing i ever wanted was to learn from the proffesionsals. And YES i SURE DO LISTEN CLOSELY too what u have too say, but is it such a sin too ask for comparistation regarding other boxes:obvislu. Sorry i made u guys mad. I PROMISE I WILL NEVER NEVER START A THREAD HERE AGAIN. It´s doenst really make me feel som good to get "jumped" over by people that think i am a retard because i asking about your suggestions and starts new treads. well ell hope this forum lives on so many people(me NOT including) can get help with there problems.     Best Regards Mikael "Cerwinsky"
If where too loud youre too old!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerwin4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:06am
Maybe mods can erase all my threds, because it´s obvisly make some get really f.cking pist off. Sure it was never my meaning to offend someone. But thats how i was meet by the skilled membershere. The ONLY thing i ever wanted was too get help from proffesional people but thats just to forget.
Shall use my "SCRAPPY" Cerwin Vega as paperpress....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerwin4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2013 at 1:51pm
Hm i see that mod doesnt removed this thread yet.
I choose this forum becuse i thinked that all experts here woud help me.

But all i heared was that my CW is completly useless. <And sure if i got the money i would buy like Precision devices PD1850 and build two 1850 horn in the finest plywood. But thats just a dream to afford something like that. And im sorry if i have started different treds. But i do it for i really want too build i SHEAP horn for my crappy/useless CW 188Eb.

Well know i know that my CW`s that i oeiginally was kind of proud of but know when i know that there are useless i dont know what to do with them.

I REALLY HATE that experts cant understand that some people have a VERY limited budget.

maybe i sell them(CW 188EB) and dont give a f.ck that my dream to build a pair of horn that will fitt my useless/scrappy elements in.
If the CW 188Eb are so useless then WHY did CW build them and put them in foldedhorn

I have really lost faith of my self that i can build something or even care about what use to be my hobby. i was really knocked down HARD by the experts here, that i have hoped to really help a newbie.

But now i know that i suck on speakers so too the grade that i wonder to completly give up my ambitions too build something like a horn/box...

Well Well thats it, this isnt` NOT a attack to any person here, i have full respect for all the people that really knows how it would be.

Sorry for my poor english(are useless to write in english too.

Well know i dont give a shit to search anymore(i mean why would i care when the element i planned to use are f..ing useless....!

anyway know my lust to experement with speakers are completly lost know...!

And yeay sure a maybe started too f..ing new treds for the same questing about my crap bass.

Anyway thanks for the help.i have learned something in this forum atleast. I think/ed it`s really interesting too read others projects.
I mean sawing all the parts necessery for like a 1850 with a usual saw is in my (dont count) opinium really cool.

Guess i have make my self this forums HATE project !!

But f.ck all i really wanted was advice from people that knows how to do to building soma really kick ass horns/boxes.

Thanks for make me realist that i really suck.

If u read this shit i hope i make laugh atleast...

Best regards Mikael thanks for the help.

And YES i going to sell my trash/scrap CW 188EB if any one is as stupid as me, and planning to build some horn.

The fact that CW 188EB is BUILD for horn seems doesnt count,

Sorry if i take your time, but f.ck i really in my entusiasm i really hoped thatthis would be good. but my plans was crushed.

all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2013 at 3:35pm
Cerwin Vega B36

Maybe you could stick em in this design. I dont know if it will work but you seem to like CV.
Its a copy of an old CV design. They have more CV plans under [VINTAGE] tab.

Its your driver, time and money. You can choose wichever design to stick your driver in. People are just trying to help you find the right one. But its still your choice in the end of the day... Build the cabinet you like, if dissapointed all thats lost is some plywood and a couple of hours of your life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>