Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cerwin Vega prototypes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:13pm
Anyone got any further info on them? The brochure says twin 150w compression drivers but what's the RMS, peak and impedance of the whole cab?

I also want to refurb them and put new drivers in, any reccomendations?
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:55am
Did you contact Cerwin Vega? Cerwin Vega makes their own speakers in house so they will have all the information you need.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:24am
I'd be a bit careful putting new drivers in them, these cabs are pretty special in design and I'd have thought the mid drivers at least were designed for the cab.
If they work ok why change them?  

Edit: I do know the mid drivers were 16ohms but what the final impedance of the cabs were I can't remember (it was a while back) what I can tell you was at the time these were reputed to be one of the loudest mid high's available but the sound quality diminished when pushed hard.

Edited by colint - 17 May 2015 at 9:28am
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Vegaguy49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vegaguy49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2021 at 5:58am
Any chance you want to sell them? Been liiking around for a aet for awhile. Let me know and thanks my email is skwatersleeps49@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12