Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cerwin Vega T250's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cerwin Vega T250's
    Posted: 04 November 2008 at 6:06pm
 At last i have managed to get hold of 4 T250's after looking for them for over 4 years, they are a 3 way all horn mid top cab containing a 10" cone driver on a folded horn that covers 100Hz - 1kHz then a 2" comp from 1kHz - 6kHz then a 1" comp from 6 kHz to 18kHz.
 I have 2 amps running them, a qsc rmx 1450 for the 10's and a rmx 850 for all the comps (the comps are passivley crossed over in the cabs) the first thing that struck me is how clear they are, and when i gave them everything i have they are still crystal clear, i am using these with 4 sl36pe subs loaded with pd 186's powered with a rmx 4050hd crossed at 100 Hz with a filter set to 40 Hz. I now need another 4050 and another 4 bins as the tops are so loud they over power the bins.
 What ever happened to cerwin vega, in my opinion the modern stuff is a load of wank but the old stuff is fantastic.
Regards Paul.
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 2:50pm
absolutely wicked description off http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/1694:

Horn-loaded with low compression (large throat area), the T-250 employs a large diaphragm driver in the vital midrange for lowest possible distortion as well as highest output and efficiency. This proprietary 10" driver, with a Kapok and Kevlar cone, is driven by a 17000 gauss motor and powers a demifolded horn with a throat of over 24 square inches for remarkably low compression ratio of 3:1. Most importantly the 10" driver behaves pistonic from 90 to 1400 Hz with dis-tortion levels below 1% at 118 dB @ 1 meter.

For production of mid-high (MHF) and high frequency (HF) signals, the exceptional performance of the T-250 10" low-mid driver and horn demanded much more than a 1" exit HF driver. Cerwin-Vega’s M-1305 large-format, 2" exit, low compression ratio MHF driver provides higher power handling, lower distortion, and less compression (3:1 compression ratio) than most competing 2" exit wide range drivers. The large-format 2" exit driver has distinct advantages over a small-format 1" driver. A typical small-format driver has a 1.75" diameter diaphragm and phasing slots which total less than 0.1 of square inch (i.e., the compression ratio can be as high as 23:1!).

If you believe the sound of a large, loud band or orchestra can be squeezed through the area the size of a drinking straw without altering, distorting, or degrading the original sound, you should be destined to listen to it forever! But if you appreciate our dedication to creating and providing the best audio reproduction systems possible, you will be very pleased.

The M-1305 drives a controlled-directivity cast aluminum horn which has a moderate flare cutoff to minimize air nonlinearity at high levels. A heatless 3 dB pad can be switched in at the connector plate to reduce this driver’s output within its frequency band (1-6 kHz) in short-throw or playback applications.

From 5 kHz up, the new SS-1 high frequency compression driver was developed. It also drives a controlled-directivity cast aluminum horn. The highest octave signal, 8-16 kHz, is absorbed more rapidly with distance than mid and lower frequencies. The powerful SS-1 has extremely high output in this frequency band.* Most compet-ing systems lack this edge, using equalization or DSP compensation to try and achieve greater output over a greater distance. The Intense! T-250 does it naturally and effortlessly.

All three drivers in the T-250 are individually protected with solid-state power-sentry switches. These switches have almost zero loss until they detect excessive average power—usually due to prolonged amplifier clipping—at which point they switch off, disconnecting the respective driver from the amplifier.

The cabinet is constructed with 3/4" (18mm) SuperPly, an A-surface veneered void-free multi-ply material which is stronger, pound for pound, than conventional plywood. The result: a rugged, heavy-duty cabinet weighing less than 90 pounds (40.9 kg), a relief for muscles and fly rigging. The T-250 is available in a flying version: the T-250F. The T-250F incorporates MANTM flying hardware side attachments—the quickest and most secure flying system available.

Handles make lifting and setup a one-man job, and the cabinet is equipped with both Neutrik SpeakonTM and 1/4" phone jack (15 amp!) connections. For system triamping with a T-36/750 Subwoofer, the connector plate can be easily modified for separate inputs to the cone and compression driver sections. A perforated black steel grille protects the components from foreign objects.

APPLICATIONS

The Intense! T-250 mid-high cabinet is designed to complement the Intense! T-36/750 for heavy duty use in high SPL, large venue environments. With an HF directivity pattern of 60° horizontal and 40° vertical, it is especially well suited for large indoor sound reinforcement where reverberation and articulation can be a problem. When used in a four-wide by two-high array and flown overhead, the T-250F can direct voice frequencies down to the lis-teners and away from the concrete walls and "echo-chamber" ceiling spaces common in arenas — unlike direct-radiating systems which, being omidirectional, merely add to the problem.

The T-250 is also the perfect system for outdoor applications as well. Horn loading of all components throws higher levels over greater distances than direct radiators. Also, the drivers are not directly exposed to the elements — rain, wind, sun, flying bottles, etc.

When biamped (or triamped) with the Intense! T-36/750 subwoofer, a complete Intense! full-range system will produce louder, cleaner and more exciting results than most existing systems of twice the cost, weight or size. For portable sound reinforcement, factory-rigged sets of up to 16 cabinets per flying module are available.

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 1:25pm
That 10" folded mid is possibly the worst thing I`ve heard in a long time! 1khz round a fold is not pleasant. And the 2" is way too harsh slightly above that. Had the misfortune of hearing them a few times....

Just my opinion of course!

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
 Post Reply Post Reply