Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cerwin vega

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:47pm
i forgot to say it i have a lot of plans but i dont have the cv ab-36 it is the cause im looking for
Im hard to learn but still asking
SDSMITH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2008 at 6:14pm
I saw your post from last year regarding the Earthquake bins. Do you still have these for sale?

Scott Smith
Scott D. Smith
DJblackwidow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJblackwidow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 2:22pm
I have the plans for the ab-36 subwoofer. Not sure if I can post it because it's still a production sub, if I get the ok from a moderator to post it, then I will.
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 12:32am
Why bother building Cerwin Cabs? You cant say its Cerwins' in the first place because they will sound different and they will definitely not look the part. Rather go for a Speakerplans Horn... You sit on this website fighting for plans. I have done the same myself a few years ago and found that Rog's designs are serious compared with these Entry/Mid level Cabinets. Actually they are better in my opinion.

I modeled some and will personally go for 186's if I only use 4 max a side. Otherwise 1850's. Thats according to Horn Response. Thats with P-Audio E18-600A's inside, which is quite a good component.
Thats just me.
Cheers.
www.aggressiveaudio.co.za
bitcore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:22pm

Build something else. These subs work, they get kinda loud, but there are better, more refined bass cabs you can build.

Edited by bitcore - 08 June 2008 at 2:23pm
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 8:57pm
I have 4 of CV design cabs (el 36) that im presently using then i found speakersplan and made two 186 just to try. Ive tested them along side with the two CVs with the same drivers and and using single amp, ch A for 186 and ch B for the CV and straight away decided to sell the CV boxes. Sound quality wise 186 is far bettter than CVs, its clearer, smoother and louder. dunno i just like the way it reproduce the base and the kick more than the CV design cabs
Bass matters...
alf1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 11:15pm
Hi there.

I'm very new so please forgive me if anything I say is not in the correct protocol.

I have owned both L36JE (Junior Earthquake) and B36 cabinets. Only the L36 had the 189JE driver which was an 8 ohm 400w driver. If you look closely at the driver, it strikes as being an unusually deep cone when compared to the 136 driver used in the B36 A-E cabinet. The B36  dimensions were roughly square when viewed from above, where as the L36 were as you mentioned as deep as they were high.

The driver in the B36 was rated at 300w as opposed the the L36 driver which was 400w.

I hope this information helps. 

By the way,
Both cabinets were an industry standard with legendary bass performance. The B36 would be the preference for accuracy, the L36 for throw and low end response, you should not forget the Stroker cabinet, which complimented both and responded down to 28Hz. If someone could find me the DSM200 (Dual Spruce Moose) I would be a very happy man?

Sincere regards

AL
(((THUMPER))) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (((THUMPER))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:47am
http://forum.speakerplans.com/cerwin-vega-afterburners_topic15066_page3.html?KW=Cerwin+vega+horn  Thumbs Up
"...like a big paper dragon..."
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 2:21am
I would build the ones bitcore posted, the CV after burners. They have a nice solid sound. I heard 8,(4 per side) in one line and quite liked them. They go decently low and have a nice round defined kick.

The JE36 junior is great too. If you choose the right wood, (like CV did) I don't know what it is. Its superbly light. Very light plywood.

Edited by djstefanos - 12 June 2010 at 2:23am
system:

20 x MA W8L
12 x MA W8LC
12 x MA W8LM
20 x MA S-218
8 x D.A.S. ST-112
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 2:33am
"which complimented both and responded down to 28Hz. "

Only if the listener was really drunk or wasted. They measure at least 20dB down at 28hz.

Edited by _djk_ - 12 June 2010 at 1:14pm
djk
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 3:32pm
Is that it honking at the double hump (170Hz-200Hz)? Looks okay for live work, small venue.
music is the message
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:07am
Dual Spruce Mouse, they were loud!
It just is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>