Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christine McVie.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christine McVie.
    Posted: 01 December 2022 at 2:46am
Older members will be saddened at the loss of the Fleetwood Mac Keyboard/Vocalist.

AKA Christine Perfect.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 7:15am
Not only older members. or am i already old at 44? 

in 2015 i saw a concert of Fleetwood mac at sportpaleis Antwerp and she carried the whole show, which was in fact not a good show due to all ego's in the band battling for the limelight. Except hers, without her it would have been a trainwreck. 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 9:48am
Bams--Anyone who witnessed a live gig by Fleetwood Mac in that era experienced a drug mess of a gig that was only held together by Christine and it was possibly the main reason why she left the band for a while as she probably got totally fed up of having to go onstage every night with a bunch of drugged up morons.
Having said that, if you managed to drop on the right night of the tour then you would witness one of the best gigs of your life.
I did a fair few gigs with Chicken Shack back in the seventies and it was very rare back then to see a female keyboard player in a band full of guys let alone take most of the lead vocal parts with an amazing voice and she always seemed to have a very calming influence on the rest of the band.
I saw an hour long feature programme on TV sometime last year all about Christine and her life and it was brilliant, bringing back some great memories for me---She will be sadly missed.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 11:05am
That documentary about her was very good - she came across as an intelligent, talented and down to earth character in complete contrast to documentaries I've seen about the band itself! The 'excesses of rock and roll' summed up their lifestyle after their success with Rumours and were worthy of a Spinal Tap movie. She will be missed by many. 
RIP Christine McVie.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 11:14am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLRyYETnoIE

When somebody can sit at a piano and captivate an audience she must be very special.

Goodnight Christine.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 11:22am
Was very sad to see this on the news. 
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

That documentary about her was very good - she came across as an intelligent, talented and down to earth character in complete contrast to documentaries I've seen about the band itself! The 'excesses of rock and roll' summed up their lifestyle after their success with Rumours and were worthy of a Spinal Tap movie. She will be missed by many. 
RIP Christine McVie.

It's on tonight, BBC4, 9pm. 
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply