Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic DSM2-6 Speaker Management

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citronic DSM2-6 Speaker Management
    Posted: 29 December 2018 at 4:59pm
As is my way, I occasionally dont follow the crowd Wink current speaker management is a Peavey VSX26 but have the chance to get a pair of Citronic DSM2-6s (a pair at less than the cost of 1 of the usual 'budget' suspects)
Has anyone used these at all? I believe they are a little like the db-Mark units?
I want to start pushing the sound side a bit more next year so am looking into fallback options (have enough matching drivers & amps now, so if anything goes bang I can easily swap out, so grabbing 2 of these units seems like a good idea...although not all of my ideas are good) 
https://www.avsl.com/brands/citronic/product/170.665UK-digital-speaker-management-system for those who are interested.  
As always, thanks for any responses 
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 4:36am
It is an OEM. I have both the Citronic and DB-Mark. Admittedly the Citronic does have a different chip inside but it performs exactly the same. Build quality is the same (better than the Ultradrive).  Out f my two the DB-Mark has actually developed a screen fault, no problems with the Citronic. I'd grab them if they are a good price.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by AM55 AM55 wrote:

It is an OEM. I have both the Citronic and DB-Mark. Admittedly the Citronic does have a different chip inside but it performs exactly the same. Build quality is the same (better than the Ultradrive).  Out f my two the DB-Mark has actually developed a screen fault, no problems with the Citronic. I'd grab them if they are a good price.

Superb - thanks ever so much, 1 VSX26 going up for sale and I now have redundancy in case of any issues Thumbs Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply