Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic mixer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citronic mixer
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 6:01pm
Anybody got or had a citronic SM650? are they any good?
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:33pm
Not seen a 650 but I use a 450 in my test rig every day and theres a 550 knocking around still working too. I believe these date back to when citronic stuff was british built, but don't quote me on that. 
twinpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 7:32pm
i used to have one . nice and clean sound was top of the range in its time new citronic stuff is chinese sh*t
i told you
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 7:35pm
Just bought one, What an excellent piece of kit it is! well pleased with it, way better than the modern CDM 10.4 that I had been using. I have also got an SM 450 as my spare.

And yes new citronic stuff is nowhere near as good as it used to be when it was still made in england, shame really.

100% Earth Moving Bass
fatjohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 10:36pm
HI

I've got an original black panel SM650, british built, bought from new, appx 15 years old. Never failed, brilliant features, great audio quality, balanced outputs, eq inserts on everything. With the exception of the formula sound pm80's of the same period you cant get better.

I'm looking 4 a cross fade, rare as rocking horse s**t so if anyones got one i'm your man.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 8:52am
The old English built Citronic mixers are excellent,really good component and build quality inside to...i have 4 here,(the oldest is 23 years) never had one go wrong yet.
As Fatjohnny say,Fomula sound pm80 is also good,but my pals formula sound has a lot of hiss at full gain,which you just dont get with the Citronic.
The only other mixer i want to get,but are as rare as hens teeth,is the Matamp supanova,these were hand built.
Be seeing you.
Richard Hart View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 11:28am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

The old English built Citronic mixers are excellent,really good component and build quality inside to...i have 4 here,(the oldest is 23 years) never had one go wrong yet.
As Fatjohnny say,Fomula sound pm80 is also good,but my pals formula sound has a lot of hiss at full gain,which you just dont get with the Citronic.
The only other mixer i want to get,but are as rare as hens teeth,is the Matamp supanova,these were hand built.

This one? 

Edited by Richard Hart - 10 July 2007 at 11:29am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 11:47am
ya,thats it Richard!...the Matamp came in 2 modules,the mixer and the monitor/levels section you can see just above it in that photo.
Heehee,thats Simon Harris 25years ago! we both had hair then!
Be seeing you.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by fatjohnny fatjohnny wrote:

HI

I've got an original black panel SM650, british built, bought from new, appx 15 years old. Never failed, brilliant features, great audio quality, balanced outputs, eq inserts on everything. With the exception of the formula sound pm80's of the same period you cant get better.

I'm looking 4 a cross fade, rare as rocking horse s**t so if anyones got one i'm your man.

Do you know the part No. ? I've got a box of old citronic spares but not a lot of info on what each ones for, if you can post a picture I can check for you.
toddydj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toddydj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 8:22pm

SmileI have a supanova matamp in a purpose built  5 star flightcase,used to belong to Frank Bruno

used to use it on the road up until 2 years ago.
Still the best mixer I've ever had,just a bit too big
to take out.
If anybody is interested,make me an offer.
Jaggiebunnett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaggiebunnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 2:54am
I used a SM 450 for about 10 years (440 in a Thames before that) in the States and what an awesome Mixer, Still puts all the overseas stuff to shame.
jaggie
Jaggiebunnett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaggiebunnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 2:56am
I used a SM 450 for about 10 years (440 in a Thames before that) in the States and what an awesome Mixer, Still puts all the overseas stuff to shame.
jaggie
 Post Reply Post Reply